Commodities wanted! for WC Universe

I'll bet they're pretty easy to catch.

(What with being so slow and all. :))

Random thought: Those crazy my-universe-doesn't-make-sense guys over at SpaceBattles would probably argue that the Centaurian Mud Pig is REALLY REALLY FAST, since a Scimitar is *slower* than one...:)

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF

Random thought: Those crazy my-universe-doesn't-make-sense guys over at SpaceBattles would probably argue that the Centaurian Mud Pig is REALLY REALLY FAST, since a Scimitar is *slower* than one...:)

:D

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Random thought: Those crazy my-universe-doesn't-make-sense guys over at SpaceBattles would probably argue that the Centaurian Mud Pig is REALLY REALLY FAST, since a Scimitar is *slower* than one...
Teeheehee :). Very true.

Originally posted by Quarto
Originally posted by pendell
MORE COMMODITIES
Prozac
Insult Generators
Stupid Ray (temporarily shuts down target's brain
functions).
Spam-killers (Traces spam back to its originator and
melts down their computer).
Hehe... is there a hidden message in that list? ;)

Anyhoo, how about Centaurian mud pigs? I don't know what the hell they are, but they might be edible...

Nah. No message. If I were putting in a message I'd
have suggested

Chill Pills
Clues (as in, "Here's a quarter, go visit the clue machine"
-- somebody's gotta stock it, right?)

Respectfully,

Brian P.

Since the "hollow asteroid" rumor in Privateer was just that, a rumor, how bout placing various "treasure" asteroids in this thing? You find, you break open, you reap rewards. Maybe even put in a few "trap" type asteroids! Like one that sucks all your ship energy and you have to sit there for awhile and recharge, or a "thief" bot that comes out of one and steals your equipment! :D
("thief bot" borrowed from Descent II&III)
RFB

Originally posted by Darkmage
No thief botS! I may add the Asteroid though, and a supply depot is a definite possibility!

how would you fit in the asteroid? make it an abandond kilrathi mining base that you can land on?

is this game going to have landing fees?

Originally posted by Darkmage
No thief botS! I may add the Asteroid though, and a supply depot is a definite possibility!

How 'bout guide-bot? :) Hey, that's a thought. Raid ships a carrying them, and they become your friend and help fight your battles!

then again, maybe not...

I do hope you add the asteroid, though. And an asteroid supply depot. I love those. :D

If so, makes one wonder what other Steltek tech might be "running around" in Gemini.

Personally, I still like the "asteroid rumor" as a purely artistic touch--seducing the player to explore the outer reaches of Clarke Quadrant in the same way a greenhorn privateer might decide to risk it too.

No your wrong LOAF here's the text I ripped it from the game:
I heard a good one the other day... seems there's this hollow asteroid along the Kilrathi border.... The thing is, the Kilrathi use it as a munitions dump. The guy who finds that dump can help himself to as much ordnance as he can haul!

This does not make any references to GREEN or STELTEK or THING it's waht it is....a rumour, one which WILL be true!

I *know* what it says -- but years and years ago people wouldn't shut up about the stupid non-existant steroid, so we contacted the people who developed the dashed game and they stated that the rumor referred to the Steltek derelict.

And I mean, *what*? If it doesn't mention green it's not talking about the Steltek?

... to further comment, remember that the bartenders didn't *know* anything about the Steltek -- they all claimed a *Kilrathi* (HINT, HINT) weapon was attacking everyone...

Well, your threads don't really get personal, they just get silly - and there's more than enough of that here already.
Yes I agree... I've had my share of "silliness" on this chat-zone... lots of good times in the "Insults" thread... :)
Back to "serious" now... <G>
(...) instead of closing the thread, we intervene. Satisfied?
Sure. I mean, I *have* slept last night, so I don't feel necessary to protest without reason now... :D

Back