Commander Roberts Pushes Through Final Week (November 12, 2012)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator

Chris Roberts' Star Citizen campaign has entered its final week, and he's published a new video to drive hard towards the end. Check out his Wing Commander hat, shirt and jacket! The project's tally so far is now past $3.3 million, which already makes it one of the most heavily supported crowdfunding projects ever. Numbers currently break down between $2.2M at RSI and $1.1M via Kickstarter. Chris is aiming to Kickstart $1.5M and break $4M total by Monday, November 19. The project has a real shot at making it! At each $100,000 interval, information on a new star system is also released.

Attention pilots! As of this afternoon, Star Citizen is the #2 best crowd-funded computer game project of all time. We have one week to aim for that top spot! Here?s Commander Roberts, with your mission briefing:

A new video on the Squadron 42 artificial intelligence and game engine has also been posted. Much of the effects are still very preliminary, but it's already looking quite good, and the point of the clip is to show off basic ship interaction. Check it out here.

--
Original update published on November 12, 2012

Last edited by a moderator:
That is by the far the coolest advertisement I think I've ever seen...

I was just playing the AI clip a second ago. My three-year old went over to where my joystick's sitting on my desk and started pushing the buttons - saying "that's the button that makes the kill". Like he was playing the game. Makes a dad proud.

Toward the very beginning, CR said:

"At the moment you will be able to play it on a 4GB dual core PC with a GTX 460 or greater, but not with full fidelity. If you’re running an i7 2500, 2600, 2700 or better with a GTX 670 or greater you will get the full experience and we will only scale up from there. You will need a dedicated GPU."

To my knowledge, that's all the more data we have on system requirements so far. As the game moves towards beta those will get better defined, no doubt.

Back