Command & Conquer Remastered Collection Announced (March 10, 2020)

Lead Producer Jim Vessella talks about how FMV performances couldn't be replaced

Good Lord - he pronounces punctuation!

Apparently, "." sounds like "uuuhhh" and "," sounds like "eeeaaaand"

Last edited:
I strongly suspect that they have zero access to the source files. Yeah, they may have part of the greenscreen footage but the whole "special effects" is probably lost to time.

Yeah, those are the same clips upscaled. I really don't think the enhanced in game models would help the cutscenes much (meaning they would be a whole separate project). It might not be an enormous effort to redo the video, but it would certain be some cost and effort, and there's a lot of nostalgia associated with just having sharper versions of all the original clips. For a $20 release, I'm very happy with the level of effort that went in.

Several million dollars easily; just re-creating all the assets for the cut scenes to a quality that would hold up in 4K would be costly. And that's money and resources that EA might rightly say should go towards a AAA title instead.

Several million dollars easily; just re-creating all the assets for the cut scenes to a quality that would hold up in 4K would be costly. And that's money and resources that EA might rightly say should go towards a AAA title instead.

Wow, I had no idea it could be that costly.

Back