Comm/ Hud error and menu preview

Kyran

Rear Admiral
Oh oh oh. Found a nice little bug. When someone sends you a message when you have the hub turned off the game crashes. This possibly has something to do with the subtitles. I wish Flight Commander wouldn't crash so easy. :(

PerfectPlanNew6.PNG

Doesn't it look pretty. :D

Oh oh oh. Found a nice little bug. When someone sends you a message when you have the hub turned off the game crashes. This possibly has something to do with the subtitles. I wish Flight Commander wouldn't crash so easy. :(

Doesn't it look pretty. :D

What do you mean the HUD?

I suppose you mean there's a problem when "Cockpit Details" are off AND when subtitles are turned on?

Looks like a nice menu

OK, it's fixed. if this is holding you up, let me know and I can send you an update.
Thanks for the bug report.

OK, it's fixed. if this is holding you up, let me know and I can send you an update.
Thanks for the bug report.

Hey thanks. erstmap AT gmail DOT com

I've also discovered the thing thats stopping Flight Commander from running under Linux. It's the video codec used. I concluded that since I encode my videos with a different codec that doesn't crash it. Thanks to this my mod will be 100% Linux compatible. :D Oh, and I also updated Flight Commander's WINE page on the new version.

Ah, I don't recall starting a thread.

/me eyes eddieb.

EDIT: I found a fix for the Linux problem in this old thread.

Heh, I was on holidays and didn't notice the frontpage update on this. Must be annoying trying to find something newsworthy to post there daily.

Just one more recording session and mission briefing to go (possibly another mission too) before I'm ready to release. Ah, gotta find a host too. Details.

EDIT: Yeah, its Linux not Lunix.

I suppose I should bring to light another bug I've known about for a while. When you destroy a friendly ship with a dump fire (or any other missile) you aren't marked as a traitor. Oh don't you just love things relating to being marked as a traitor? :D I've also discovered a strange issue with comm videos not being played when you rapidly ask for status. The subtitle and audio works but the video doesn't come up. I'm not sure if its related to the codec I'm using.

My next release is coming along smoothly. I've replaced all video and audio relating to comm messaging. I'm currently working on a briefing that has voice acted audio which should turn out alright. I'm finding it quite hard really. :)

• Two new missions.
  • Five reworked missions.
  • All new audio and video.
  • Five new ships, the Bearcat, Hellcat, Ferret, Avenger and Personnel Transport.
  • New Main Menu screen.
  • New splash screen.
  • Two new characters with audio.
  • Modified Gauntlet incorporating Perfect Plan content (ships, video, audio).
  • Three flyable ships in the campaign, Bearcat, Ferret and Scimitar (many more in the simulator).

Introducing_Knothole_ingame.JPG

Here is one of the three new cap ship videos. The codec used isn't entirely supported in Flight Commander so its fuzzy and colourless. Yet, it kinda works since that was the effect I was aiming for.

Is it possible to change the players ship mid-flight, or to change it at mission start-up based on a gameflow script? I'm going to have it that if too many of one particular ship is destroyed then the player will be forced to fly another type altogether.

I suppose I should bring to light another bug I've known about for a while. When you destroy a friendly ship with a dump fire (or any other missile) you aren't marked as a traitor.
Good catch, can you please file a bug report.

I've also discovered a strange issue with comm videos not being played when you rapidly ask for status. The subtitle and audio works but the video doesn't come up. I'm not sure if its related to the codec I'm using.
Try it with standard Flight Commander, if you still see the bug, file another report

I'm currently working on a briefing that has voice acted audio which should turn out alright. I'm finding it quite hard really. :)
Cool. You can look at the very first mission_a1.briefing.lua for an example, that should help.

Is it possible to change the players ship mid-flight, or to change it at mission start-up based on a gameflow script? I'm going to have it that if too many of one particular ship is destroyed then the player will be forced to fly another type altogether.

You can't change a ship mid flight, but you can change it at mission startup. Just choose between 2 different missions

Just set up a global variable that gets set off when a ship gets destroyed. Then have the mission check for the current state of this variable and if it is too high than the player flys another ship type. This is just one of several schemes though they are all follow the same basic method: set global variable, upon destruction variable is altered, check variable then set a new player ship.

Though I am uncertain how to change the player ship other than using destroying the player's ship and creating a new one with the player property being true.

Just set up a global variable that gets set off when a ship gets destroyed. Then have the mission check for the current state of this variable and if it is too high than the player flys another ship type. This is just one of several schemes though they are all follow the same basic method: set global variable, upon destruction variable is altered, check variable then set a new player ship.

Though I am uncertain how to change the player ship other than using destroying the player's ship and creating a new one with the player property being true.

You can't change the player's ship mid flight.

I'm going to be releasing on New Years so I'd like that update now.
Nice screenshot. Sadly for you, I do have a life, so I'll be busy on New Years. When I have a bit of downtime I'll send you an update, but it's not guaranteed to be stable.

I'm sending out the bug fix for your comm error now.
Also, I put a link to your mod on the Flight Commander site. Keep up the good work on Perfect Plan.

Back