Cockpit for Paradigm/Drayman

Hi there!

Great work on the remake! It's great to be able to play privateer again.
Here are some screenshots from a cockpit for the paradigm (put together from various parts of other cockpits), but it would fit the drayman, too. Testing it in the tarsus though, don't have 8.7 million credits yet...

Attachments

• Screenshot6.jpg
    Screenshot6.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 365
  • Screenshot9.jpg
    Screenshot9.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 366
Ineresting.

I feel that in a ship the size of a Paradigm, you would not be right up against the cockpit glass; think of bridge scenes in Star Trek or Star Wars.

I tried to create a bridge "command chair perspective" but it didn't work well. Empty work stations look strange and are obstructing the view and to create people sitting there is beyond my abilities. Then thought "its just a destroyer, not a carrier" and went with the front row version. But the Star Wars "crew pit" would be a solution...

and i wanna know what the hell the point is to owning a huge ship thats slower and less maneuverable than the Orion. People hate the Orion (or so it would seem) and yet they want to buy something even slower and more lumbering? i should paint a new texture map with a bullseye on it...cuz thats all a paradigm really needs to firmly implant in peoples minds what it is. but....meh, whatever.

BradMick said:
i should paint a new texture map with a bullseye on it...cuz thats all a paradigm really needs to firmly implant in peoples minds what it is.
Hehehe.

You can't play the all-mighty carrier captain with an Orion... :)

nor can you with a destroyer/corvette/whatever-the-hell-it-is. since, well...the vast majority of destroyers don't carry full compliments of fighters.

@masteroforion:

Anyway, if you'd like to try going for a bridge-like view (at least the front view), I could try adding the people. It wouldn't be hard, once I get animated gauges working (they shouldn't be still), and would look really awesome.

klauss said:
once I get animated gauges working (they shouldn't be still), and would look really awesome.

And when the cockpit damage is added, they could die as well, just like in the scifi series we all love so much.

JKeefe said:
Ineresting.

I feel that in a ship the size of a Paradigm, you would not be right up against the cockpit glass; think of bridge scenes in Star Trek or Star Wars.

The last bit of your phrase does remind me on the Blockade Runner cockpit/bridge scene in Star Wars Ep3. The crew was damn near at the front-glasses and it looked a bit cheaply or unauthentic in the movie, not like it should be in a big corvette or small fregate.

Otherwise, I think the cockpit of masteroforion is acceptable for being compiled. Everything needs refinement, of course.

BradMick said:
i should paint a new texture map with a bullseye on it...cuz thats all a paradigm really needs to firmly implant in peoples minds what it is. but....meh, whatever.
Put a load of turrets on it like a proper capital ship and then you're screwed - unless you can shoot of the turrets easily. That was one of my favourite tricks in WC3.

You can with a cloaking device. I took down like 5 Kamekhs (all at once) this way. But without such help... it's daunting.

@spiritplumber: Sure, just tell me where to send or upload it (its about 1.3 MB)

@klauss: Good idea. That project would require real 3D graphics, though. Looked into that 3D Blender program today and it seems easy enough to handle. When I get something useful out of it, I will post it, but might take some time...

anyway, here is the full look around in the cockpit, next to Oxford...

Attachments

• Screenshot6.jpg
    Screenshot6.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 212
  • Screenshot7.jpg
    Screenshot7.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 209
Back