Cloak

BattleDog

Spaceman
I realise there are other topics on this. However:

Is cloak possible?

Are Scatterguns possible?

Could we have old style Banshee in WC: UE2 with all the missiles, the Scatterguns and no stormfires?

Does anyone else the the ships, like the Scim should have lighter armor and heavier shields?

Scattergun is possible, thanks to a patch HCl made.

Cloacking, on the other hand, is not possible... except for some cutscene tricks we could make.

Ok have looked at HCI's page but am apparently missing something where is the link to the scatter and leach guns at?

Thats a smame.

Anyhow, here something weird that happened to me a moment ago.

I was playing the Corvette sim mission, I got shot out of my Bearcat and instead of turning up in the CIC I was transported to a bar/recroom.

It looked like either WC1 or WC2, I don't know since I don't have them. The bar was sraight ahead, the simulator was in the foreground to the left and there was a door to the right.

clicking on the sim pod brought up the simulator, highlighting the bartender I got the text "Talk to shotglass", when I clicked he said something about Casey in another language. Clicking on the door took me back to the CIC.

I have not been able to duplicate the bug.

That's hardly a bug :)

As for the Scattergun and Leech patches, I don't think HCl has made them available for download... HCl makes these kinds of "heavy" modifications to the Vision engine available on a "provide me with a mod's .exe file and I'll rig it up" basis :p

--Eder

Originally posted by BattleDog
Thats a smame.

Anyhow, here something weird that happened to me a moment ago.

I was playing the Corvette sim mission, I got shot out of my Bearcat and instead of turning up in the CIC I was transported to a bar/recroom.

It looked like either WC1 or WC2, I don't know since I don't have them. The bar was sraight ahead, the simulator was in the foreground to the left and there was a door to the right.

clicking on the sim pod brought up the simulator, highlighting the bartender I got the text "Talk to shotglass", when I clicked he said something about Casey in another language. Clicking on the door took me back to the CIC.

I have not been able to duplicate the bug.

LOL You just found the 1st Easter Egg......Its the Wc1 Bar and the Shotglass is speaking in German.The voice was taken from the German Version of Prophecy.

Re. leech and scattergun patches

Indeed, as Eder said, patches that involve such a modification of the EXE are usually included on fan-project-specific DLLs as need arises :) Doing otherwise is sometimes just not practic, as the patch may need the mission itself to preform some tasks (example: leech gun patch) or modify something which could possibly break the original WCSO (example: VDU patch, due to assignment of VDU numbers to certain fighter variants)

In case you're interested in some details: the Leech gun patch involves the creation of a few new mission commands that mission programmers can use to determine how many "leech bolts" have hit a given fighter, which means a mission has to be built specifically with Leech gun in mind (the "deactivation" of a leeched ship is in fact done in the mission code, by checking if a ship has been hit by leech bolts more than x times). The scatter gun permanently modifies a gun type to fire 5 bolts (we were about to use the cloudburst slot for the scattergun on UE, but after discussing the matter we all agreed that, when it came to new features, the line had to be drawn somewhere, or UE would never be finished :) It should find it's way into UE2 or/and Standoff tho ;) )

Anyway, it should be useful to know that even though UE doesn't make use of the Leech gun patch, the necessary code does exist on the UE DLL, so any mission programmer will be able to code a few sim missions where you use the leech gun (i would advise modifying the gun you're gonna use as the leech to inflict zero damage first tho). If anyone wants to do this, it should be enough to put your missions inside a TRE and load it through ue_tre.cfg .

Mario

Re: Re. leech and scattergun patches

Originally posted by HCl
The scatter gun (...) should find it's way into UE2 or/and Standoff tho ;)
Before any of the WC2 purists threatens to kill me, let me say that if the Scattergun is eventually used in Standoff, it won't be as a scattergun per se. (This isn't one of my crazy attempts to mix the WCM or SWC with a WC2-style setting - not that those attempts don't work, mind you :D) So there's no need to call the police or anything... the Morningstar's center gun is still a Mass Driver ;)

--Eder

Re: Re: Re. leech and scattergun patches

Originally posted by Eder
So there's no need to call the police or anything... the Morningstar's center gun is still a Mass Driver ;)
*gasps* But the Morningstar's centre gun is supposed to be a particle cannon... call the police!

Re: Re: Re: Re. leech and scattergun patches

Originally posted by Quarto
*gasps* But the Morningstar's centre gun is supposed to be a particle cannon... call the police!

LOL ! Eder !:mad: shame of you :(

Back