Claw Marks in Adobe format?

Lunitari

Spaceman
I noticed that there was an HTML online version of the Claw MArks booklet from the original WC. Is there an Adobe Reader version of this available? I used to love reading that. I own all the Wing Commanders including the Kilrathi Saga, but I am missing some of the documentation. I would love to have Claw Marks (WC1) and Victory Streak from Wing Commander 3. Can anyone help me?

Wow, did I just post something in the wrong place - but back on topic - do you not have the KS manual? Its the WC1/2/3 documentation all in one booklet.

I think I mentioned that I am missing documentation, so no....I don't have all the Kilrathi Saga docs. Three moves in a couple of years can play havok on one's belongings.

Lunitari said:
I think I mentioned that I am missing documentation, so no....I don't have all the Kilrathi Saga docs. Three moves in a couple of years can play havok on one's belongings.
Well, now you can have them again :). You're post reminded me that I had a perfectly good KS manual sliced up and all ready for scanning, I just hadn't got around to it. I could only get it down to about 17MB before the images began to degrade, so its a little hefty for a manual, but anyway, enjoy.

Kilrathi Saga Manual

C-ya

This is great Viper, you have my thanks as well. You should let the brass know about this so they can put it in the Game Manuals section.

Very nice, thanks Viper. I was reading through the manual here at work :)) ) and I noticed a couple of things I thought was odd. 1. In the list of Capital ships in Wing Commander 1 it lists :

Venture
Drayman
Exeter
Tiger's Claw

Should that be Bengal? Why would they list a single carrier by name when it lists all other capships by class?

Second thing, in the Rapier profile it does not list the Rapier's two laser cannons...only the neutron guns. Mistake?

Maj.Striker said:
Should that be Bengal? Why would they list a single carrier by name when it lists all other capships by class?
I'd guess because you only see a single Bengal throughout WC1 and its addons, whereas a few individual ships of the other classes show up :).

Maj.Striker said:
Second thing, in the Rapier profile it does not list the Rapier's two laser cannons...only the neutron guns. Mistake?
You'll notice quite a few little things like that scattered throughout the manual. The Rapier II in the WC section is also missing its laser cannons, so is the Jalkehi, the Dralthi IV is missing its particle cannon, etc etc. Some of the dates in the technology section don't make much sense either. The particle cannon is introduced about 3 years too late, phase shields about a decade or so, AMG's about 2 years and torpedoes over thirty years :) (or at least 5 at the writing of the manual), etc etc.
It would stand to reason that these could be the latest version entry dates but that would mean that lasers and a few missiles haven't been updated since the beginning of the war, something I don't think is true since their potency increases through the games :).

Anyway, its still has tons of interesting details litered throughout it, no matter how many other mistakes you can find :D.

C-ya

Awesome. How did I miss this earlier? I too lost my kilrathi saga manual. I have every other wing commander manual from WC1 to WCP so this completes the set. Thanks a lot.

This post above really added a lot to the community too.

Regarding the Manual, I've never seen it before, I really like the redesign. I was a bit flabbergasted by the note for Chris Roberts, though.

Well, I, for one, enjoyed being able to read through the manual it was quite a nice compiliation and I appreciate that someone took the time to make it available to us. ;)

Back