Classic Star Trek Adventure on GOG

Raptor[K]

Rear Admiral
I know this is the WC Boards, but since this is the off topic zone...GOG just release Star Trek 25th, Judgement Rights and ST Academy on their site.

Awesome! I remember spying a CD version of 25th anniversary with Judgment Rites in a store and saving up for it. I probably have the CD still hidden away somewhere but GOG just makes things handy.

I loved 25th and JR back when they were released. Except the space fights which I remember being ridiculously hard. I think I never actually beat those games. In one of them you had to fight a copy of the Enterprise AND two romulan or klingon ships simultaneously. I never got past that fight.
I think I still have JR somewhere, but someone borrowed 25th from me and never gave it back, no clue who it was either. That was many years ago.

Never played ST Academy, so I don't know whether I like that one, but I recently bought a used "ST: A Final Unity" box including a signed portrait of Marina Sirtis (yay!), and that game is also great. Probably the pest ST adventure.

They released Academy? I never finished that...never could find any walkthroughs on what choices to make in the FMV sections. I'd pick all three up but I spent more than I should on last weekend's Lucasarts releases as it is.

I remember reading a walkthrough a long time ago for it....STTNG A Final Unity I hope they get that rolling next in GOG.

The space battles of Judgement Rites were my favorite part. Yes, they were pretty hard, but the most exciting Star Trek sim up to that point.

I never got to play Judgment Rites. My parents got me it for christmas but they somehow packaged the wrong installation disk in it and Interplay refused to replace it so my dad vowed never to buy anything from them again and got me a different game.

I remember playing judgement rights and 25th. I also remember needing a guide to get through some bizarre dialogue choices. Don't ever remember competing either.

Adding to their ST arsenal Starfleet Command is the most recent entry. I eagerly look forward to being blown up by pirate's and Klingons.

Final Unity is a brilliant, wonderful, fantastic game. I would snap it up immediately if they ever released it on GOG.

I bought them all off GOG.com hoping to encourage them to release more, No luck yet though.

I only recently discovered the Star Trek games. Never played them the first time around, so picked them up from GOG. Good stuff!

Trying to find more, I was able to find a digital copy of Starfleet Command 2 on dynaverse.net, but haven't bought it yet. Does anyone have any experience with the second game in how it compares to the first? Or even this "community" edition?

http://www.dynaverse.net/market/2-star-trek-starfleet-command-2-community-edition.html

I only recently discovered the Star Trek games. Never played them the first time around, so picked them up from GOG. Good stuff!

Trying to find more, I was able to find a digital copy of Starfleet Command 2 on dynaverse.net, but haven't bought it yet. Does anyone have any experience with the second game in how it compares to the first? Or even this "community" edition?

http://www.dynaverse.net/market/2-star-trek-starfleet-command-2-community-edition.html

Myself, I didn't care for it as much as I did for the first or third ones, though they did add a fair amount of materials from the later SFB universe to it. Lack of tutorials in the second one. I also was probably hitting the limits of what my box could handle at the time.

I liked SFC2 better than one. There were a bunch more ships and races for it, which made it more dynamic. Although a drone-boat could pretty much wipe the floor with most of the ships out there. Overall though, I think the best of the series was SFC3, the ability to basically "build" your own ship by swapping components gave it much better replay value. Additionally there were a number of mods made for 3 that brought in the various eras of play.

As far as i can tell all games released so far are Interplay titles. Does anyone know if there's a chance for the Microprose games to see the light of day too? Would love to play Final Unity and Generations once more.
I don't even know who they'd have to approach for these today, but the old XCOM games are on steam so i hope the Microprose licenses aren't in limbo.
Oh and those Simon&Schuster Interactive titles were fun too.

Back