CIC Timeline

junior

Spaceman
I was glancing through the CIC Timeline, and noticed that while the Pre-War stuff is up, the War Time and Post-War stuff is missing (text - no link). I'm just curious if the War Time and Post-War stuff was ever started?

I was wondering about that as well, considering the excellent job done for the pre-war section...

I asked Cris Reid that via email and about the ship database flushing out its details and he told me wait till we get closer to the bithday for the CIC and summer vacation for the college boys.
Any comment LOAF? He said the timeline was your baby.

Give the boys some time. Can you even begin to fathom the insane amount of detail they've accumilated from ALL the Wing Commander media? Not to mention, LOAF supposedly has found MORE information from the Japanese games.

Hold your horses, this is a big damn project.

I was working on a personal timeline covering the war years. I had a nervous breakdown when I got to WC3. (Do I cover it on a minute-by-minute basis, or just list the big events? And what about the "guy who works at McAuliffe and personally delivers information"? Do I have to match that level of detail too?)

If you want a timeline of the war years, look to Victory Streak. That's the best we can hope for at this time.

I think y'all have touched on all the issues. It's been a bit tough going.

I have far too many projects and far too little time. In order of importance:

- Timeline/Encyclopedia
- Ship Section Upgrade
- Collectors Guide
- WC3D Remake

And then add to that daily updates and general petitioning... and then the amount of time I spend on my own WC collection and so forth... it's just too much Wing Commander stuff in a day that involves full time work and school schedules <G>

The Timeline and Encyclopedia are still my absolute most important job... and I'm working on them very slowly. I have problems similar to what Bob mentioned -- I'm definately being a perfectionist jerk when it comes to everything on this project... <G> I'm also not sure I'm qualified to do this accurately -- just the other day I found out about this new WC history from Japan...

Additional information of the WC1-era Kilrathi War. He's a bit spotty on the details since none of us read the Japanese language.

hm... if I could get ahold of the text, I could give it to my best friend. She could probably translate a fair bit of it.

LOAF - I doubt anyone is qualified to do this accurately, given all the stuff floating around out there, but you're probably about as close as anyone's likely to get. At any rate, that was basically the information I was looking for in my initial post. As much as I dislike certain aspects, it is all out there, and does need to be taken into account, and anytime you've got more than one author (even sometimes when you only have one author), you're going to get things that don't quite seem to agree...
I don't envy your job, but I'm glad to know there are people capable of putting it all together.

I compiled a brief timeline for the war era out of victory streak voices of war and the clw marks of wc1 and its already a handful of info. Though, perhaps you could release it in spurts loaf? adding more detail as it gets finalized?

Originally posted by junior
LOAF - I doubt anyone is qualified to do this accurately, given all the stuff floating around out there, but you're probably about as close as anyone's likely to get. At any rate, that was basically the information I was looking for in my initial post. As much as I dislike certain aspects, it is all out there, and does need to be taken into account, and anytime you've got more than one author (even sometimes when you only have one author), you're going to get things that don't quite seem to agree...
I don't envy your job, but I'm glad to know there are people capable of puttingit all together.

at least origin has more consistency than paramount does with star trek...noone is qualified to try and make sense of the number of times that timestream has been rewritten/revised/or outright deleted

Back