Chronicles of Riddick

So I saw the movie tonight. It wasn't too bad. It's easy to pick out a lot of little things that could have been done better. The movie sort of I guess ends on a cliffhanger and so I'm sure there will be more.

The dialogue was kind of crappy though. And I expected the Necromongers to seem more terrifying and death-like. But instead they just seemed kind of petty and not that threatening as soldiers. Their huge planet destroying weapons were pretty sinister though. And I was dissapointed how they were always talking about the underverse but never really showed it or talked more about it.

And the leader of the Necromongers, he just didn't strike any fear into me at all. Lots of times I was confused about the plot too. I wish I had seen Pitch Black. But are those two movies really that much related or are they both about pretty differenent things?

Visually, I really liked the style of the film. For me it was an overall good movie. But the previews made it seem a little better than it was.

Me and my girlfriend were talking about seeing this when something came up. How can Riddick be all that badass when a drug addicted bounty hunter caught him, and then a little blond pilot caught him. Does he really pose that much of a threat to anyone at that point???

The bounty hunter had a crew that were not quite the drug addicts. And statistics have proven that blondes are just as capable of accomplishments as brunettes and redheads.

Shipgate said:
The bounty hunter had a crew that were not quite the drug addicts. And statistics have proven that blondes are just as capable of accomplishments as brunettes and redheads.

True. But to some, they look better doing it. :D

Shipgate said:
But are those two movies really that much related or are they both about pretty differenent things?
They are both totally different plot wise. It is really only a sequel to Pitch Black because of three characters: the black holy man, Kira and Riddick. They were all in Pitch Black. Other than those people it is totally different plot wise.

Back