Chris Roberts' Crowdfunding Success Officially Recognized (September 26, 2014)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
Roberts Space Industries has chalked up another achievement. They've been included in the 2015 Guinness Book as the most crowd funded project in history. They earned the spot with $40 million, but the latest tally is actually $54 million with no end in sight! As you can see in the photos below, while Star Citizen moves forward full steam, the team at Cloud Imperium Games has surrounded themselves with plenty of Wing Commander memorabilia in the office to remind them of their roots.

--
Original update published on September 26, 2014

Last edited by a moderator:
Star Citizen and The Doctor on one page? Heaven IS for real! ^.^ Seriously though, that's awesome. (Also, on an unrelated note, I bet Matt Smith in American Psycho is completely bonkers! hehe).

What's funny is the value recorded is 14 million roughly shy of the curent mark (as of this post). I expect that value is going to get updated regularly for the next few years.:cool:

Yeah, by the time the game goes live and "crowdfunding" gives way to "normal" funding (i.e. people buying items/credits through the Voyager Direct store as the normal mode of funding), I would not be surprised to see the funding level hit seventy million from its current fifty-four-point-whatever million.

Back