Checking In

Okay, Avacar is in as well... If anyone wants to give a Jalkehi a try, we could do a 2-on-2 team dogfight. If not, it'll make things all the more interesting... :p

@ChrisReid: Not sure about the outage, maybe they were doing server maintenance or something. I'm definitely still paying for that site. :)

Also, I'm assuming that we aren't hearing from Guilherme again. As such, I declare myself a 'the survivor' of game 004, since while I was most injured first, I ended with the highest hull+shield value.

Ironduke, are we going to have a revised ruleset for the next game?

Also, can I claim a ship qual on the Epee and the Jalkehi?

Also, I'm assuming that we aren't hearing from Guilherme again. As such, I declare myself a 'the survivor' of game 004, since while I was most injured first, I ended with the highest hull+shield value.
You can declare whatever you like, but I have to point out that Humungus is still alive in that game as well... :)

Ironduke, are we going to have a revised ruleset for the next game?
In the next game - very possible. In the upcoming skirmish - not likely. I might try 1d12 instead of 2d6 in both, and I'm tempted to just use the Target Roll as is for this quick and dirty game - no modifiers whatsoever (speed, distance, you name it) except pilot skill levels. It would make things a lot easier for me, and also less prone for error. (Although I can't remember for the life of me having made any mistakes in the past AT ALL. :p)

Also, can I claim a ship qual on the Epee and the Jalkehi?
Yes, definitely, as both games lasted longer than 6 turns. I just haven't updated the player roster to this day.

Also, the "Discuss" button in the CIC news flash about TacOps leads to a weird thread... :p

Fixed, thanks. Dropped the 0 on the thread link. Your TacOps site works for me now, must have been a temporary outage. And the offer still stands for a Solsector site down the line if you'd like.

Looks like it'll be Avacar vs. Humungus vs. QuailPilot... I'd put Avacar in a Sabre then, if that's okay for you. I'll send you an email once the scenario is set up - I'm still waiting for more players to join, but we'll start sometime tomorrow one way or the other. :)

As for the rules for this specific dogfight:
- no missiles and decoys allowed
- Target Rolls not modified by distance
- all other rules apply as stated in v0.14 of the game manual

And the offer still stands for a Solsector site down the line if you'd like.
Whoops, seems like I forgot to answer this one... If SolSector can handle PHP, SQL and all that fancy stuff, then I might want to come back to your offer once work is finished on the computer aided version of TacOps! :)

This entire forum is based on PHP and presumably some form of database too, so I imagine the answer would be yes. :)

Back