Chapter XI - Things Fall Apart

I also feel comfortable in a Broadsword - because unlike the Devastator, it has real turrets, and real shields. Dammit.

Quarto said:
I also feel comfortable in a Broadsword - because unlike the Devastator, it has real turrets, and real shields. Dammit.

Until I get my hands on WCIV & Prophecy, I can't say much about those new ships. The closest ones are those in the database here in CIC. Just reading the postings on what EA did to WC products makes me
mad.gif
frown.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
The corvette reminded me of the cut-scene in SO2 - Which is exactly the same as the animated gif you posted in wcnews. Was'nt that suppose to be a Kamekh? The oddity here is that, Admiral Tolwyn ordered the cannon fired, right? But he gave the order to Angel, a squadron commander and she's not the ship's captain.
confused.gif
eek.gif

There is some confusion regarding that scene, because they do call the ship a Kamekh. However, I assure you that the ship we see in the cutscene is indeed a Fralthra. Had it been a Kamekh, the Concordia wouldn't have even bothered powering up the PTC. They would've just opened up with their seven AMGs, and the Kamekh would've been blown to dust
smile.gif

I never noticed that other oddity you mentioned, but I do believe you're right. I guess they just didn't want to draw another face (for the Captain)
smile.gif

I'm sure the scene did indeed resemble the one in SO2, because that's sorta what inspired it... a bit.

Oh, and the animated gif is exactly the same because it is the cutscene
smile.gif

Where exactly is that scene? I don't seem to remember it.

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

SO2. I believe it's shown even as Blair sallies forth to nuke Ayer's Rock, or immediately afterwards.

If the Ep-eh is made of paper, why fire guns or ignite the engines? One of my friends really like the Epee. The Broadsord is a curious ship. I never before thought it possible to gun down 20+ bombers with a turret. I wonder how long a Broadsword with 1000cm shields, and armor in Prophecy while toting 3 bullet/charging mass drivers will last.

[This message has been edited by Death's Head (edited July 04, 2000).]

Hmm... well, there isn't a model for it. If there was one though...
wink.gif
It was a great design. I don't know why Confed decided to stop using neutron turrets in favour of puny little lasers.

Quarto said:
Hmm... well, there isn't a model for it. If there was one though...
wink.gif
It was a great design. I don't know why Confed decided to stop using neutron turrets in favour of puny little lasers.

Lasers have longer range and faster refire rate than neutron guns. They have increased the refire rate for the turrets at the expense of range. A good fighter with a laser or particle cannon can chew away at a Broadsword from a distance. That's what I did in Academy.
wink.gif

Well, if a fighter turret laser can only do 19 times as much damage, at 3 times the range, depending on what stats you believe...

Yeah, but a neutron turret would do even more by this time, if it was still around. After all, lasers aren't the only thing that gets upgraded.

Details, details
smile.gif
. Well, if the particle cannon replaced it as a fighter weapon, why not as a turret as well?

Quarto said:
Details, details
smile.gif
. Well, if the particle cannon replaced it as a fighter weapon, why not as a turret as well?

The Longbow has Particle Cannons for its turret guns. Large turret guns in capships do require a lot more energy. Which brings to mind another question - why did they replace the anti-matter cannons?

Back