Cha Cha To This Kilrathi Theme (February 25, 2018)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator

Origin composer George Oldziey has released another awesome Wing Commander track from his live recording session held a few weeks ago. This one is the "Kilrathi Cha Cha" as remixed and performed by Gato 6, his talented Latin Jazz band. It's full of fun and personality - give it a listen below!

Your browser cannot play this file. Click here to download the track.

Greetings all! As we head into the weekend I wanted to leave you with just a TASTE of one of the pieces we recorded last week. The world premiere of the Kilrathi Cha Cha! It's basically a Latin Jazz arrangement i made of the main title theme to WC3 (the Mission to Kilrah theme). The entire track will be on an upcoming CD, but I thought I'd give you a little bit of it right now as a preview. I'm super excited about it, and the band played it great! Hope you enjoy!

More to come!
Musically yours,
George

--
Original update published on February 25, 2018

Last edited by a moderator:
Hehe I love this! It would be right at home in one of the earlier Bond films (or maybe Clouseau)

I was thinking how Latin Jazz would work with Oldziey's Kilrathi theme, but this arrangement is great. I don't get a Bond vibe from it (though I picked it from Snake Eater before I even knew it was deliberately written in a Bond style - and no, I never played MGS), but this certainly has the 'cha cha' feel its name implies. Wonder how the rest of the album will turn out.

Yeah, this is all really cool. It's a worthy project unto itself - not just a gimmick on top of additional orchestral tracks.

Back