Centurion Shield on Righeous Fire

Rylex

Rear Admiral
Heya everybody,

I got a little question concerning the Centurion Shield on the Righteous Fire expansion pack.

You can buy shield and engine up to level 4 in righteous fire. OK I bought both updates to level 4...

Now when I enter space I only see level 3 in the shield display on the left side.

When I press "s" it gets to 2 and again to 1 down.

My question is if anybody knows how this works...?

Obviously 3 means = Level 4 = 400cm

Does this mean then... 2 = 2/3 of Level 4 = 266cm ?

and 1 = 1/3 of Level 4 = 133cm?

I hope you know what I mean. 3 shield circles for 4 levels of shields... how does this work when using less shield?

Thank you all

Rylex

Yeah, that should be it. It will only ever show three rings max, so when you have level 4 or higher shields, you're just selecting 1/3rd, 2/3rds and full shields.

Yeah, that should be it. It will only ever show three rings max, so when you have level 4 or higher shields, you're just selecting 1/3rd, 2/3rds and full shields.

Thank you very much, Chris!

I think then it's better to just buy engine level 4 and shield 3 to always have enough afterburner and gun power...

btw... I now fly with 4 lasers and gun cooler... the refire-rate is incredible!

I think then it's better to just buy engine level 4 and shield 3 to always have enough afterburner and gun power...

That was a popular recommendation back in the day, but I would probably tell people to go for full everything. I would start my battles with Level 4 shields enabled and powered by my Level 4 engines. After I took a couple hits, I'd then drop my shields down to 2/3rds. This effectively means a shield level of 2.67 compared to your level 3.0, except you've also benefitted from an extra "1.33 worth of shields" for the initial part of the battle. That could be a big life saver against Centurions, Gothri, a Kamekh or any asteroid fight.

Back