Centurion Shield on Righeous Fire

Rylex

Rear Admiral
Heya everybody,

I got a little question concerning the Centurion Shield on the Righteous Fire expansion pack.

You can buy shield and engine up to level 4 in righteous fire. OK I bought both updates to level 4...

Now when I enter space I only see level 3 in the shield display on the left side.

When I press "s" it gets to 2 and again to 1 down.

My question is if anybody knows how this works...?

Obviously 3 means = Level 4 = 400cm

Does this mean then... 2 = 2/3 of Level 4 = 266cm ?

and 1 = 1/3 of Level 4 = 133cm?

I hope you know what I mean. 3 shield circles for 4 levels of shields... how does this work when using less shield?

Thank you all

Rylex

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
Yeah, that should be it. It will only ever show three rings max, so when you have level 4 or higher shields, you're just selecting 1/3rd, 2/3rds and full shields.

Rylex

Rear Admiral
Yeah, that should be it. It will only ever show three rings max, so when you have level 4 or higher shields, you're just selecting 1/3rd, 2/3rds and full shields.
Thank you very much, Chris!

I think then it's better to just buy engine level 4 and shield 3 to always have enough afterburner and gun power...

btw... I now fly with 4 lasers and gun cooler... the refire-rate is incredible!

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
I think then it's better to just buy engine level 4 and shield 3 to always have enough afterburner and gun power...
That was a popular recommendation back in the day, but I would probably tell people to go for full everything. I would start my battles with Level 4 shields enabled and powered by my Level 4 engines. After I took a couple hits, I'd then drop my shields down to 2/3rds. This effectively means a shield level of 2.67 compared to your level 3.0, except you've also benefitted from an extra "1.33 worth of shields" for the initial part of the battle. That could be a big life saver against Centurions, Gothri, a Kamekh or any asteroid fight.