Cell Phone

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
Alrighty.. I'm looking for cell phone advice here. Right now I get 350 anytime minutes (1000 night) per month with free roaming on the west coast for $30. However DragonCon is further east than my roaming will go. I've been watching the 500/5000 any/night time plan for $40 which includes national roaming. It'd be an easy decision to switch for the month of DC, except when I switch back down I won't be able to get my previous rate. I'd have to switch to 300 anytime minutes for $30 when I got back. I've only gone past 300 once or twice in a year.
So, are we going to need to get in touch with eachother in Atlanta? Probably. It'd be nice to be able to easily communicate when we get separated or when we need to meet up. Secondarily I've spent $10-40 in calling cards on previous trips. Avoding the call card cost/hassle alone probably makes it all worth it.

You say you've gone over that 300 limit in the past. If you do that a few times a year, and can afford the rate hike, then by all means go for it.

Yeah, I'd only go over once or twice a year, incurring less than the $10's of dollars I'd spend on calling cards.. so I guess that makes it worth it. Plus convenience and the ability to stay in contact with everyone in Atlanta.

Back