Capships should never be destroyed...

Have you seen ConFed fleet before going to Kilrah, if the Cats dont surrender they will get 5 carriers groups combine up in their tails, and Kilrah have 6 jump nodes going to different systems. dont surrender cats we will just destroy all of your colonies insted.

But the Kilrathi must've had other ships elsewhere. And other ships, besides the dreadnought that picked up Blair, could've survived.

well I think that most of the Kilrathi fleet was being upgraded in the shipyards on Kilrah, that is what is sayed on the breifing before going to jump to kilrah, yes there are some ships not in kilrah but they were for patrol duty only. The cats made a huge mistake in doing that.that is why they surrender, if not Confed just need to keep the kilrah system in their hands and so it could strike the major kilrahi colonies. if you see the map that comes with WC P, you will see just that.

Originally posted by Dragon
well I think that most of the Kilrathi fleet was being upgraded in the shipyards on Kilrah, that is what is sayed on the breifing before going to jump to kilrah,
That fleet was preparing for the attack on Earth, not some upgrades...
yes there are some ships not in kilrah but they were for patrol duty only.
Nope... There were plenty of ships around the empire, including several dreadnoughts. And there were many older, and lighter ships on the borders, but still in good condition. And as we see in FC, there still may have been heavy carriers stationed somewhere, like the Karga.

that is why they surrender, if not Confed just need to keep the kilrah system in their hands and so it could strike the major kilrahi colonies. if you see the map that comes with WC P, you will see just that.
The Confed fleet we see in WC3 not only is small, it was also terribly weakend by the Kilrathi, and before you even go to attack Kilrah some of those ships were moving out of that system.

Have you seen ConFed fleet before going to Kilrah, if the Cats dont surrender they will get 5 carriers groups combine up in their tails,
Uh, you can't see didly in those cutscenes. Certainly not the size of that fleet...

But we are told that this fleet was much smaller then the one that defended Earth. At that time Confed only had two or three heavy carriers left, and they were left inside Confed space to protect the iner worlds. So no, there would be no 5 carrier groups...

O.K. Wise guy
If the Kilrahi were so powerful, had so many ships, and confed had only 2 garbage ships, they WHY did they surrender insted of wipe out mankind?
Pity?

Because they were divided...

They didn't have a leader that could get suport from all the clans and lead them against Confed. You had different warlords striving for controll over what was left from the empire, and none of them tried to build up a fleet and go against Confed untill Ragark tried to do so in FC.

And not all Kilrathi surendered. Melek might have signed the peace trety, but some cats like Ragark didn't give a damn about it and still raided the human borders.

I still think that you are pulling dreadnouts out of a hat but I also think that since Kilrah was a very important jmp node that was for the monent undefended ( yes some ships subvive but they were lickly damage and lost their link with comand), had most of its shipyard destroyed and lost most of the important clans leaders they had little choise on the matter, either way Confed now had some time to Build more ships and could fight the kilrathi in more even terms.

Uh, there's the dreadnought that picks up Blair, and then there's the dreadnought from FC, that falls into Ragarks possesion. There's also god knows how many Hakagas left, and still some ships left in Kilrah. It would be stupid to think that most of the ships that were preparing to take on Earth were destroyed around Kilrah. There's no way that all of them were located so close to the planet that the remains would take out most of them. And note that there were still Kilrathi capships in Freya, fighting, and overwhelming, the Confed fleet.

yes that Dreadnout that pick up blair will really put up a fight since that is explosions all over it.
And I am piss that someone makes a book so unrealistic, if the Cats had so many ships and the figthing after the surrender is that bad how come that Blair and the other vets are going to be relived of active duty.
Actualy that if that is not in the WC III novel (if there is some) that sould be desmissed since that NEVER shows up in WC IV.

yes that Dreadnout that pick up blair will really put up a fight since that is explosions all over it.
Excuse me, but I'm not sure we ever see how much damage that ships actually sustained, so this comment aint logical...:)

And I am piss that someone makes a book so unrealistic, if the Cats had so many ships and the figthing after the surrender is that bad how come that Blair and the other vets are going to be relived of active duty.
Who said that it was bad? There aren't any larger conflicts between Confed and Kilrathi after the war, at least none that we know of.

no, how about the damage in the flight deck, or did the cats just did not clean it after the party last night, its very damaged as we can see that during the "tractor blair excalibur" scene.
this is getting worst that the talking about if the TCS Eisen is a Vesuvius or not.Actually I like to say something about that. there is a bug in the SO engine that alows riding the turrent in the scene that a Vesuvius gets blowup I activated the map and selected that ship, it just says CCarrier.I also look from varius angles an I did not see the big 02 or anything on it.
and did you notice that in a cutscene on WC IV the Vesuvius insted of having a 01 have a 02 on it.

no, how about the damage in the flight deck, or did the cats just did not clean it after the party last night, its very damaged as we can see that during the "tractor blair excalibur" scene.
Plese, I’ve seen the WC3 ending more than I probably should have… I remember that the damage isn’t clearly visible…

there is a bug in the SO engine that alows riding the turrent in the scene that a Vesuvius gets blowup I activated the map and selected that ship, it just says CCarrier.I also look from varius angles an I did not see the big 02 or anything on it.
It’s not a bug, being that the cutscenes are basiclly missions that you watch from a certain angle, the creators just forgot to disable the views from your ship. You’re flying a Devastator in that cutscene BTW.

Originally posted by Earthworm
Plese, I?ve seen the WC3 ending more than I probably should have? I remember that the damage isn?t clearly visible...

I agree. I can't recall any real noticeable damage. Perhaps Dragon had some video breakup that LOOKED like damage.

look eject and you will see a pristine-out-of-the-shipyard dreadnout pick you up.
The dreadnout in the last scene have several problems.
A scar in the hull
a damage plylon(the arms things) that have eletric lighting all over it.
Some minor explosion across the ship
A lamp have fall down in the flight deck.
Came on dont you tell me that ship is in fine condition.

Ah, the wonders of the WCIII "Behind the Scenes" Interactive CD that came with the "film canister" version of WCIII! I just found the tractoring scene in question in the INTRO.AVI file. This file is essentially the trailer for WCIII....

look eject and you will see a pristine-out-of-the-shipyard dreadnout pick you up.
The dreadnout in the last scene have several problems.
A scar in the hull
You see the dreadnaught from almost straight on...you cannot see but a sliver of the underside of the hull, and it's completely in shadow. Where's this scar?

a damage plylon(the arms things) that have eletric lighting all over it.
I see no damage on any of them. There is a glimmer effect from the tractor beam, but no visible damage.

Some minor explosion across the ship
The aforementioned glimmer. You may note that the "lighting" is limited to the inside surfaces of the "pylons" as you call them.

A lamp have fall down in the flight deck.
The trailer scene doesn't extend into the hangar, so I cannot say one way or the other on this one.

Came on dont you tell me that ship is in fine condition.
"Fine" is subjective. But your claims of noticeable heavy damage are obviously wishful thinking.

And for cryin' out loud, please proofread your posts a little. An occasional spelling/grammatical mistake is one thing, but nearly every phrase? It makes reading such posts taxing.

That ship does have some damage... it's visible all right, but it's not nearly as large as Dragon seems to think.

However, even when damaged a dreadnought like that could put up one hell of a fight, just like the Vorgath did, and survive to fight another day.

actually that dreadnout only have to RAM ships and still be one hell of a ship.but its damaged(I dont know that type of copy that you have mine is WCIII pc.)
Did anyone manage to destroy the one in the Kilrathi invasion od earth?
and were is the Kilrathi base?I never found it.
AND ENGLISH IS NOT MY MOTHER LANGUAGE.

[Edited by Dragon on 01-17-2001 at 00:00]

actually that dreadnout only have to RAM ships and still be one hell of a ship.but its damaged(I dont know that type of copy that you have mine is WCIII pc.)
That's what I have as well. And the Behind the Scenes CD from which I viewed the AVI utilizes the cutscenes from the PC version as well.

Did anyone manage to destroy the one in the Kilrathi invasion od earth?
Yep. Not that it matters...you face unending enemies until you die or eject.

AND ENGLISH IS NOT MY MOTHER LANGUAGE.
I figured as much, and I apologize if my comments regarding your spelling/grammar came across as overly strong. However, my suggestion about proofreading still stands -- I suspect you would pick up some of the more glaring errors.

Back