Cant find privateer anywhere

SgtRambo

Spaceman
Privateer was my first favorite computer game. At that time i was 10 I would always played this game at one of my parents friends house, I would have gotten a copy but I didnt have a computer at that time, know 8 years later I bought myself a computer, then looking back, I really want to get this game. Every computer and game stores I have went to doesnt have it in stock. They werent to good about specail orders. Then when I search the web, I found no where to buy it or download it. Im also intrested in privateer 2. So if any one where to buy or download the full version of privateer and prvateer2 please tell me. I really want to play it while I have the summer off.

Thanks
SgtRambo

You can't download it anywhere, but I'm very much certain that you can get both if you just take a look in the CIC's Where to Buy section.

I tryed to call origin when I lost mine for a while but they said that they were all out.You can give them a call mabe they have more in stock.

-ICEMAN

------------------
...As long they dont piss me off!

No, they won't.

Rambo, just do as Quarto says. Also, look around local game shops in your area; that's how I've found all my WC games.

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

1) Quarto, I'm sure you can download it somewhere... I've run across places you can download WC1 and every other game on the face of the planet in the time I've been on the net. Its just a matter of searching

2) I really don't care if someone wants to pirate a game that isn't in print and is no longer making anyone any real money but don't come asking me or any hardcore fans of the game where to do it. It really won't work and it many people will probably yell at you for it.

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC
You are in no way entitled to any WC games, if you don't have them its your own damn fault.

1. True. Priv 1 probably could be found. Priv 2 though, might be a bit tougher to download
biggrin.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, but what would Priv2 be without movies? I mean, it's bad enough with them
smile.gif

You, my friend, are a complete moron.

lovingly yours,
TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC
You are in no way entitled to any WC games, if you don't have them its your own damn fault.

TC, cut it out. That wasn't called for.

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

whats the different between the cd or the 3.5 disk version of privateer. I know one is a disk and the other one is a cd. but is there a differance other than that.

If I recall correctly, the floppies only contain Privateer. The CD includes Privateer and Righteous Fire (an add-on.) The CD also has some Origin trailers for other games and all of the documentation in Adobe .pdf format instead of actual physical docs. I can't recall if Privateer on the floppy required an extra speech pack or if that was only WC2. That may or may not be a difference as well.

Dralthi5 said:
TC, cut it out. That wasn't called for.

No, it wasn't called for. But it was funny.
biggrin.gif

------------------
Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

Shane said:
If I recall correctly, the floppies only contain Privateer. The CD includes Privateer and Righteous Fire (an add-on.) The CD also has some Origin trailers for other games and all of the documentation in Adobe .pdf format instead of actual physical docs. I can't recall if Privateer on the floppy required an extra speech pack or if that was only WC2. That may or may not be a difference as well.

Depends on what CD you have. If you have the initial CD release, it had Privateer, RF, and full speech (not just in-flight comms like for the floppy-only version; unfortunately the original voice actor for Burrows/player wasn't available, so they redid the speech with another voice actor, who gave Burrows that annoying nasal-y voice that half the time sounded like it was whining), basic documents (though not anything for RF, like prices for the new equipment or increased upgrade abilities of the ships), and that was it.

The EA Classics CD, on the other hand, includes all of the above, plus the documents in PDF form (dunno if it has the RF docs, since I don't have the EA Classics version), some trailers, and a program to create a DOS shortcut for those installing on Win9x machines.

------------------
SubCrid Death
Official Net.Nazi, LOAF's Merry Guild

[This message has been edited by Death (edited July 08, 2000).]

I'm not sure if the weird budget edition that I have is the same as the EA Classics version (at any rate, it has all the stuff you mentioned, so let's assume it is), but there isn't very much about RF in the docs. There is some stuff about it though.

Back