Can you Read 3DO CD's on a PC?

I agree a 3do is good for playing, but even worse for ripping cutscenes. Besides, i prefer my Mac version if i want to play through the campaign, it's just that the cutscenes are easier accessible on the 3do version (cheats), plus there seem to be a few more than on Mac. I don't have Linux, but i made an iso of my game cd and opened it with 3do Commander, works just as well.
Here's a Mac cutscene for comparison:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WWCK4XA0

3DO EMULATOR FOR THE MAC

I'm new to this and the whole PC gaming scene, but I've managed to play other game systems on my Mac so I was wondering if anyone can tell me if the 3DO has an emulator that's compatible with the Mac or any other CD, I'd really appreciate any assistance that anyone can send my way. Thanks for taking the time to read this post and have a nice day.

The MooV files are compressed with a really old Quicktime Codec which has long since been abandoned. I have tried to search the internet for a decoder several times but have never found one. Mplayer/ffmpeg cannot play it so I guess someone will need to reverse engineer it. Same applies to the super wing commander music. It's an obscure quicktime sound format.

I'm new to this and the whole PC gaming scene, but I've managed to play other game systems on my Mac so I was wondering if anyone can tell me if the 3DO has an emulator that's compatible with the Mac or any other CD, I'd really appreciate any assistance that anyone can send my way. Thanks for taking the time to read this post and have a nice day.

There are no really good 3DO emulators. The ones that do exist don't play the WC 3DO games very well at all. Freedo is the main one I know of but don't know of anyone who has had good success with it.

Also, Don't type in all-caps.

I have had WC3 3DO running in freedo. There are some obscure Russian builds of the emulator which took a few hours on google to find. The in space stuff is rendered correctly but the cutscenes and shipboard content have bizarre colour issues. The game works reasonably well though. Pity the emulator is closed source because then someone in the WC community could hack on it.

Back