Can you adjust Joystick dead zone?

Yes, check your vegastrike.config file. I'm almost certain this is the line, you are looking for:

<var name="deadband" value="0.05"/>

I know the one for mouse is:

<var name="mouse_deadband" value="0"/>

(so the other would almost have to be stick, since it doesn't make much sense to have a deadband for keyboard!)

On my Windows box, the save games would appear to reside in the following folder:

C:\Program Files\Vegastrike\Privateer\.privateer100\save

File names correspond exactly to save game names, so I'm assuming that simply deleting a game here would do the trick...

Thanks Fyodor. I checked for the deadband line and there wasn't one for joysticks and I didn't see anything that was close to it.

I actually have 1 more question. Is there a way to adjust the vol of music, voice, sound seperately, both in space and on station? I find space sound loud, but music low. and i find station quiet all around. But if I raise the vol for the station the music in space is LOUD. sounds are pretty loud then too.

Thanks

To adjust sound effects and music, use ".," and "<>" (down/up for effects and music, respectively). You need to be in space in order for this to work.

It is also possible to customize individual sound levels, but for that you'd have to go crawling through files again ;-)

Btw, the deadband setting worked for your stick, right?

I found a setting about 3/4 down the file that had pitch yaw roll and the number 0. I changed it to 1 and it seems to have helped. Thanks

Back