Can Privateer run in a DOS box in windows?

Dreadnought

Spaceman
Or do I HAVE to restart in DOS for it to work? I can't seem to get my joystick (Wingman Extreme Digital 3D) to work in DOS.

Originally posted by Dreadnought
Or do I HAVE to restart in DOS for it to work? I can't seem to get my joystick (Wingman Extreme Digital 3D) to work in DOS.
No, P1 must be played in Real DOS mode. Using a bootdisk is the way to do this. If you need help creating a bootdisk post your c:\autoexec.bat, c:\config.sys and c:\windows\dostart.bat. What OS and sound card are you using?

I'm not sure if Wingman Extreme Digital 3D will work in DOS. I know for sure it won't work using the USB connecter. Try using the game port connector and add J200 that the end of the SET BLASTER= line to activate a joystick port. P1 only uses two buttons. You won't able to use the Wingman software in DOS. I used to own the old Wingman Extreme Digital and it did work under DOS.

Originally posted by Dreadnought
I can't seem to get my joystick (Wingman Extreme Digital 3D) to work in DOS.

That's the same joy i have, and unfortunatly, it dosn't support dos. ( i thought it was wierd that the tech support guy said, "our joystick dosn't support dos" but whatever!)

Back