campaign speech in-flight

JKeefe

Spaceman
Ever have someone else pick up the phone in the same room as you, and after about 20 seconds of hearing one-sided conversation, you have absolutely no idea what anyone's talking about?

That's how I feel when I fly campaign missions and bad guys respond to things I say, yet I never actually say them audibly (it's only on-screen text). This pretty much neccesitates that I A) pause the game immediately after a plot-related conversation so I can actually read and understand it, or B) scroll all the way back to the plot-related conversation after the battle is over. Neither is very good. Any chance that Burrows' audio can be included in campaign conversations?

Also, voices of plot characters such as Miggs and the Black Rhombus pilot still seem quieter and harder to understand than normla confed patrols are passing merchants.

if someone wants to cut together the other side...or make a better pause so you can read the players response feel free :)

hellcatv said:
if someone wants to cut together the other side...or make a better pause so you can read the players response feel free :)

I don't think there ever was any audio for Burrows there. I had just finished that section of teh campaign when I discovered the re-make and as I recall, I had sections of com panel stuff. Click click but no audio.

I could run it again after I get the shipment of the new box today. 31 pounds of computer hardware. What a holiday gift!

ANywho, back to the game

JKeefe said:
Any chance that Burrows' audio can be included in campaign conversations?
It doesn't exist. Just like no audio exists for any of the comms you send in flight. In the original, after each statement, you had a choice of responses. They never affected what was said next, but it gave the illusion of a conversation, and gave you time to digest what was said. THere's really no good way around this at the moment. We can't script conversations right now.

Ah, ok, makes more sense then. Now I recall the comm responses.

I guess adding pauses would be the only way. Right now, the overall effect is:
- jump in-system
- garbled one-sided conversation
- before you can figure out what's going on, lots of people are shooting at you.

My opinion is that something needs to be done to change that. Other may disagree.

Back