Callsigns

Starkey

Avenging Rooster
Where did you get your callsign (your nickname here in the CZ) from? I´m just curious.

Mine does not have a very good reason, it´s a name I saw in a movie when I was a kid and it just kept coming to my head when I bought my first WC game (WC2) and had to write a callsign to start the game. I´ve adopted it since then...

My callsign Ghost comes from many years ago, 1991 to be exact, when i bought my PC XT it came with some games (Italia 90, Strip Poker, Grand Prix and F-16 fighting Falcon (a very old game))
I searched my mind for a cool english callsign, and then appears Ghost, i used it in every Flight-Space sim along my full name.

That is my story.

Mine is based off of my initials.

I originally used to alternate between Wyvern and Harlequin, but I started getting involved in a bunch of network games with friends, and every last one of them were using incredibly silly nicknames when they played, so on the spur of the moment, I switched over to junior, which is what I've used to this day.

LeHah is a villian from an Batman comic back in the early 90s.

Mine has been my callsign since...I dunno, forever! (Even back on BBS "space sim" games!) But Skyfire has always been my callsign for Blair-but I've changed it for Privateer and WC:p. I refuse to allow anyone other than Blair to be so cool as to have the name Skyfire. :D

Sci-fi show farscape. Talyn's moiya's son and one bad-ass mo-fo-gunship. Man, that ship is so sweet. The 83 is an addendum cos most places already have talyn or 2 and 83's the year I was born.

I think my first callsign was eagle, then blade, then haze and now finally talyn. What can i say, I get bored with something quick.

Mine is taken from a complicated method where you take my name, subtract six letters, eliminate the space and form a single word.

The year was 1996, No Doubt was hot and Happy Gilmore was the most wicked awsome movie out. It stared Adam Sandler. My friends thought it was just too weird, Adam Sandler, an actor with my first name, in a movie with a title with my last name. so they just stared to call me Happy.
for those who are still confused;
Adam Sandler
Adam Gilmore
Happy Gilmore

before that, my first flight sim was f-19 from micro-prose, i used to use "Maddog" as my callsign. everyonce in awhile, i'd shake it up and use viper or mace or something equally as corny.

I think I started this thread in teh CZ about 5 months ago, but oh well. . . I'll just repost what I put in there here.

Viper is the callsign I've used since my first flight sim game (WC1 :) ). It's kindof a hybrid. I loved Tom Skeritts character in Top Gun and also, form being a linebacker in little league football, Snake was my "callsign" there (for both some active gametime reasons and also because I was "S"trong side linebacker - Sam isn't very attractive to a 10 year old). I like Viper better than Snake so there is the first part. The 61 has been my football number as long as I can remember (except my brief walk-on days in college), so there is my callsign.

C-ya

Originally posted by Ghost
My callsign Ghost comes from many years ago, 1991 to be exact, when i bought my PC XT it came with some games (Italia 90, Strip Poker, Grand Prix and F-16 fighting Falcon (a very old game))
I searched my mind for a cool english callsign, and then appears Ghost, i used it in every Flight-Space sim along my full name.

That is my story.

That's the best story I've ever heard.

I picked Trelane after reading the Star Trek: The Next Generation novel "Q Squared" by Peter David. I don't remember why exactly, but it stuck. When I first started going to #wing-commander, the nick Trelane was already registered so I chose MrTrelane for some reason that I also can't remember. When I started copying everything that ace did, I turned into Trelane-1. Eventually the other Trelane guy's name unregistered and I've been Trelane ever since.

Trelane42, on the other hand, is a completely different story.

It's not a very good story though, so I won't bother telling it... not that my first story was good.

pygmypiranha comes from the game magic. I combined two of the cards that I really liked. The School of Piranha and the Pygmy Hippo and thus my callsign was born.

Back