Calling all fans.

Originally posted by TC
I still say that's refering to the Mantu.

The Mantu aren't a warlike Empire. IIRC, Forstchen said he specifically didn't mention a name because he knew at that point that it wouldn't be the Mantu as the new race.

what about a lone scout fleet descovers a alien colony with data that the nephilum where once a peacuful race but subverted by the mantu to be used to invade kilrathi space, and they recover an old scout pod number H227 with messages detailing their battle against the mantu, maybe some nephilum escaped and are setting up somewhere else.

Hmm, yeah, except for one thing... what was that... oh, right THE MANTU ARE NOT EVIL ATTACKING ALIENS.

I imagined mandarin as a political splinter group, and the kilrathi from FA as a political assasin. What i meant was more like the good ol' terrorists that would hijaack ships, hold hostiges, bla bla bla...
Anyway what would happen if a pelican crashed in the middle of a city?

None of those groups are *terrorists*, because none of them are using terror as a means of attaining what they want (with the possible exception of post-Ayers Mandarins, who attack civilian targets).

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
...post-Ayers Mandarins...
I would have thought they would have been relatively easy to neutralise after the destruction of their base and most of their leaders. Or at the very least, no longer pose a threat, as with the aftermath of the Black Lance.

Back