Caernarvon Model

Iceman16

Vice Admiral
hey, here's my first attempt at making a model, its of the Caernarvon Station from WC2, thought I'd try it first since its somewhat easy to model. any comments and contructive critism would be appreciated

caernarvonwotexture.jpg

I suck at creating textures, but I hope to get better :)
caernarvon.jpg

btw the model that Kevin made did somewhat influence my decision to model this station, next Im planning on making a Ferret or Epee model, not sure which yet

some updates to the model, changed the texture a bit and fixed the landing bay to look more like the original.

caernarvontop.png

caernarvonside.png

caernarvonbottom.png

Don't worry. I suck at making textures too. ;)

Sorry if I didn't see the pictures. My ISP has banned Photobucket.

And later on, will you make this downloadable?

yup, Im planning on making this downloadable, as soon as I find out how to render it haha. I made it using AC3D which doesnt have its own rendering program, so I'm trying to find one that is free or relatively cheap and can render into a format that Flight Commander can recognize.

Looks really nice, I'd like to see it in FC as well. A .obj format is really all that's needed.

trying to get the textures to look right, this is about as good as I've been able to get it, still trying to get the hang of textures, harder than I thought haha. I added the lights today and fiddles around a bit with the arms on the top. according to the model theyre all 60 degrees from each other, but on the VDU screen 4 of them are 45 degrees from each other and the other two are 90 degrees, didnt like how that looked so I went with the model instead.

eddieb, so all I need is the obj file then? what about the mesh.bin files? Im still confused about those :confused:

caernarvonupdated.jpg

caernarvonupdated2.jpg

caernarvonupdated3.jpg

Back