BWS Intrepid

Jason_Ryock

Vice Admiral
Wondering if anyone has a model of the Intrepid prior to destruction, possibly already converted for WC:SO use?

I mean hey, if it was me, I'd have made the whole model, saved it, then edited it to destroy it, and save it as another model. But oh well.

Doesn't hurt to ask.

You can use HCl's Treman to extract it from the ueships1.tre (or 2 or 3...don't know which). There are two models - one's the Intrepid itself, the other's the destroyed version. I've used WCPEdit to swap them into Prophecy/SO missions that way, though I would suspect you'd need the UE team's permission to use it for another mod.

I do not see the intact version, and I have looked. Only the intdeb.iff file, which is the destroyed one.

IIRC UE's "movies" are graphics, not in game space flight films as in secret ops.

Some of UE cutscenes are graphic ones. The specific sequence of the destruction of the Intrepid doesn´t use graphics, it´s in fact one of those *in-game* cutscenes, so there probably is an intact Intrepid model somewhere in those .tre files.

All right well, I'm just dumb. Laugh. I never saw that third UE ships.tre file. Silly me. Sure enough there it is, even works as a capship, though it could sure use some tweaking, half my missiles miss the engines and hit the shields, you have to practically fire from the side to destroy it, and it has no bridge listed. Anyone up to the challenge?

Yeah no duh. *Slaps forehead* anyone looked at the Princeton model from UE? It's got the same deal, no bridge, and its engines too, can't be destroyed...I mean, they are there, but when you target them it just selects something in the middle of the ship...

Both of these models were only partially implemented - since they were only going to appear in cutscenes, there was no need to waste our time making them work properly. What that means is that we did not bother to split the meshes into all the necessary components. At the same time, however, every capship needs at least one component in order to be alive - hence the invisible bridge on the Princeton, and the engines on the Intrepid (the lack of the bridge has nothing to do with WC4).

Let me tell you a little secret:
The UE Princetown and the Victory on my page are the same model, just that the Victory version has the right components. To get a full working Princetown, just change the princetown texture mat names to the victory mats...and presto....the BWS Princetown ;)

Simple mate the UBW captured the Princeton while it was docked. Also look at Tolwyns post about the Ranger class

That's right, the Concordia-class is larger (and our Princeton model even more so - we scaled it up a bit to make the hangar look bigger) - but it looks the same. And size isn't an especially important issue anyway when you know the model will only be shown in cutscenes.

Ahhh...so the model is larger...good to know. I'll have to try sticking them next to each other in a self coded mission to see for sure. =P

Hmm actually they may be the exact same size, since i didnt bother to rescale it once i got the components split...but the Princetown should be on the correct scale, due to Quarto's attention to detail. :cool:

Rescaling the Victory should be easy, you just need modelc and a some knowledge about trees.

Back