Buying WC3

Dougly

Spaceman
I'm looking into buying a copy of WC3.

Somebody has the WC3 Gold Edition for Windows 95, like new with box and all documentation for $25.00. The also have the standard edition with all documentation.

If I can get it to work properly, I'll probably be running WC3 on DosBox, as I currently am WC1 and WC2. So, that would seem to argue in favor of buying the standard edition. However, I'd like to know if there might be some benifit that I'm overlooking to buying the Gold Edition for Win 95.

What do you think?

I'd say they both sound like good deals. Go with Gold I say. Though I'm not sure if you'll even need to run the 95 version in Dosbox because I don't.

The "gold edition" is just the DOS version with a program that restarts your Windows 95/98 computer in DOS mode. If you're on XP, there's functionally no difference between the original and gold Wing Commander 3s.

Okay, thanks for the input.

I purchased the regular edition, and I think I made the right decision. It was cheaper, and it was what I had before my copy disappeared a few years back.

I’m not really looking to be a collector or anything. I just want to experience the joy of playing Wing Commander again.

Back