Buy PSN Wing Commander IV from the Web (June 20, 2010)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
There's now one more way to buy Wing Commander IV for your Playstation 3 or PSP. The process is similar to buying Wing Commander Arena for XBox Live over your PC. Start by downloading Media Go, an iTunes-like storefront and organization program. Search for "Wing Commander" in the Store area and follow the prompts. The 2.25 gigabyte game is just US $5.99, which is a great deal. Since PSN network accounts can be created over the web, particularly patriotic Wingnuts can buy WC4 this way without even owning a PS3/PSP! The Wing Commander Movie is also available for rent ($3) or purchase ($6) through the PSN Store. Thanks to Vinman for the tip.

Free Media Go® software lets you download content from PlayStation®Store to your PC, then to your PSP® system. It's an easy way to download and organize games, demos, movies, TV shows and more directly for your PSP® system.*

Just download and install the Media Go® software to your PC and browse PlayStation®Store right from your desktop. After you've completed downloading your favorite games, movies, TV series, and comics, connect your PSP® system to your PC using a standard USB cable, and transfer your downloads directly to your PSP® system.

--
Original update published on June 20, 2010

Last edited by a moderator:
Aw man, I wish this was available in the UK :(
I keep checking now and then in the hope, but no joy yet.

i am very glad for this utility..i have the first generation of PSP and have not had any reason to trade in or change to either the 3000, or new PSP-GO..
anywho..i wanted to know if anyone has purchased Wing Commander IV for the PSP and has any thoughts they would like to share...i cant wait to play..just got my account setup and hope to download soon...(i am looking for that media cable to connect PSP to PC)...

Your first generation PSP can buy games directly--just do a software update and the store should appear as an option.

(I bought WCIV on a PSP-1000... although I've since purchased a lavender PSP-3000 for some reason.)

i am very glad for this utility..i have the first generation of PSP and have not had any reason to trade in or change to either the 3000, or new PSP-GO..
anywho..i wanted to know if anyone has purchased Wing Commander IV for the PSP and has any thoughts they would like to share...i cant wait to play..just got my account setup and hope to download soon...(i am looking for that media cable to connect PSP to PC)...

The cable is just a normal mini USB plug on one end and standard USB on the other.

thanks for the tip..i do try to keep the firmware updated...funny thing, since i got a new router..my psp-1000 does not connect anymore on my network..i think it is due to the encryption...i dont think the psp-1000 can communicate with WEP or WPA-PSK. it used to with no problems..

eitherway, i do have an account now and will try that but if not, i can use the regular USB to small cable...thanks again

Back