But Wait, There's More! (June 30, 2013)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
We told you it was a famous scene! Fans have commemorated it in different ways over the years. Frostytheplebe once baked a cake in the shape of the Concordia wreckage. It even had candles lit in place of the onboard fires! Wingnuts also recalled this setup when the USS Oriskany was intentionally sunk in 2006, and Dundradal used sinking carriers as the subject for his Inglorious Losses article. Tolwyn once put together a wallpaper that evoked memories of Vespus but instead featured a downed Hellcat scouted by Ekapshi fighters. Not every recollection even includes a crash landing however. Klavs has put together several wallpaper images that illustrate what the ship may have looked like on its way down into the atmosphere. It's even been the subject of Dahan's fan fiction. We've never gotten to actually fly a mission that sees everything go down, but capi is currently building an RPG campaign that puts you into the rearguard action that precipitated it all! And as for that last one from HotT, no comment...

--
Original update published on June 30, 2013

Last edited by a moderator:
Whatever happened to Frostytheplebe? Some nice CIC memories here, I always wished Klavs would remake the struggling Concordia in high res.

Missed one! :)

Attachments

• MistralCoast1.jpg
    MistralCoast1.jpg
    342.3 KB · Views: 31
Ah! I could picture it in my head, but then I saw the Hellcat one and thought I must've been imagining that...

Did that ever make it to the front page? I don't see it in the news archive.

I thought so, a loooong time ago. I'll just have to rework it with my new Concordia model-oops. :)

...wrong end's sticking up in that one, unless I'm mistaken.

It's the right end, it's just pointing to the right instead of to the left (which really just means the camera is positioned from another angle).

Really? Lemme look again...

Well...holy CRAP. All these years I thought it was Concordia's stern sticking out of the water...should've known better. The stern would've had those big honkin' spoilers on it (yeah, I know that's where the ship's engines are; they just always looked like spoilers to me).

Well, forgive my stupidity if you can, y'all. I'll shut up now.

Back