But, RF New Caldonea

Dire Wolf

Spaceman
Ok, I'm in the sequence with the good major (she hopes) running missions for the confeds at the beginning of RF. Having a devil of a time buying fusion cannon (they don't seem to spawn much).

As I start my patrols of New Caledonia I get an error message and the game folds up on me.

I'll check it again to see if it happens again when I get to NC.

I had just killed a Kilrathi cap ship and tractored in all the loot, had some pirate wingmen when bang, just when the mung beans should have shown up, the game crashed.

Just FYI.

can you please save the stderr.txt and stdout.txt from the run when the game dies...that would help us come to the bottom of the problem

you can paste them here or e-mail them to privater *atsign gmail.com
where *atsign = @

and privater has 1 e

what video card do you have? how much ram--you're playing 1.0 I take it, not some prerelease

hellcatv said:
can you please save the stderr.txt and stdout.txt from the run when the game dies...that would help us come to the bottom of the problem

you can paste them here or e-mail them to privater *atsign gmail.com
where *atsign = @

and privater has 1 e

what video card do you have? how much ram--you're playing 1.0 I take it, not some prerelease

128meg ram on a 9800pro radeon (system has 2gig ram)

I'm e-mailing those files now.

Bang, next mission. Right when a plot enemy should be coming up. This time my entire system rebooted as well. Interesting.

system reboot cannot be attributed to privateer--it must be a driver bug.
the only way(s) privateer could reboot your system would be to
a) bring up a dialog asking you whether you wish to reboot your computer
or
b) do a security exploit and become administrator and then shutdown.
I can assure you that it does not do b) and clearly you haven't seen a) (which it also does not do)

however perhaps the game died and the graphics driver did not shut down properly--send over that stderr.txt and stdout.txt--might as well--we can see what it says...
what driver version do you have from ATI? If it's 4.10 then it's really messed up :) and you need to upgrade

Back