Votes: 13 23.2%
  • I wish Al Gore were in office

Votes: 16 28.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

T8H3X11

Spaceman
I'm very curious to see who likes Bush and who doesn't. Personally I think he's one of our better presidents.

I am forced to vote for Gore because he's my great uncle.

Bush is doing a pretty good job. He ain't the best pres we've had, but he sure as hell ain't the worst. And he's doing a better job than Gore would've done.

Originally posted by T8H3X11
Muppet, I didn't say anything about Kennedy. Our last really good president is Ronald Reagan.

Heh. Ha. Ha ha. HAHA. BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! [continues to laugh like the Joker]

I think as a President, he leads from the heart, not from the mind, which causes him to fumble at times. He is firmly set in attacking Iraq, yes, but I believe the link between the Al Qaeda and Saddam has been proven. Plus, I'll quote something Steve Hartman (the real life Stevie Wonder from the Rogue Warrior) and Richard Marcinko said in the leadership book The Real Team. This was during Clinton's time as President.
"As far as Iraq, all the sabar rattling doesn't do any good. What they're talking about now, the air strikes, that's not goung to solve the problem. [Steve's right, and here's why. Air strikes just create some bomb damage; the most they can do is delay the delivery of weapons. That's just a temporary setback. If we were really concerned, we'd take out Saddam. You see a threat, you cut off it's head. You don't just nibble at it's foot. All we're doing is giving Saddam the chance to get points in the Musilum world for stinking his finger in America's eye and getting away with it. We have no balls and he has big ones. Plus, he has nothing to lose]
So as far as the war on Iraq is concerned, I'm pretty much okay with that. The economy? Hasn't he promised something big for the economy? America and the world have, for the most part, united to fight terrorism. Iraq aside, most countries believe it is in their beat interests to unite to defend against terrorism, the likes of the Munich Olympic massecre or the Iranian Embassy at Prince's Square, and yes, indeed, September 11 and the Bali bombing. So overall, I believe that he's done the best job he could, when you consider what could have happened if he chose not to do anything about September 11.

I think he is doing a fine job. Its obvious that the UN resolution has been breached. I think its just that the European powers that are objecting are backing down like they always do. Well, not to digress, but Kennedy was an ok president, but he died before many of his plans could be put into practice. What he did was good, but you can't really call him great because plans are just plans until they are actually implemented.

Muppet, I didn't say anything about Kennedy. Our last really good president is Ronald Reagan.

HAR HAR
The same ronald reagan with the IQ of a peanut,

the same ronald reagan who's solution to Iran was to give them weapons illegally

the same ronald reagan who invaded grenada purely to get the american people's minds off of his massive blunder in lebannon

the same ronald reagan who wasted billions of taxpayer dollars on star wars, which with technology 20 years ago couldnt work, and with technology today still wont work.

the same ronald reagan who practically bankrupted this nation through massively stupid deficit spending, increasing the debt to 4 trillion dollars

the same ronald reagan who's ludicrisly bad concept of reaganomics ruined the economy and caused the poor economic conditions of the late 80s and early 90s.

The same ronald reagan who degregulated like mad and increased the risks to the environment from big buisiness

the same ronald reagan who reversed the policy begun under Nixon to actually examine the scientific evidence behind drugs and their effects (evidence which happens to suggest the vast majority of illegal drugs shouldnt be illegal), instead resorting to massive amounts of propoganda and wasting billions of taxpayer dollars on piss poor enforcement all the while sending harmless american citizens who just like to get high or trip every once an a while to jail wasting even more of yours and my money.

Basically Reagan was the worst president we have had in a long time, except of course for the worst president in history except maybe for the Harding, Coolidge, Hoover triumvirate, George W. Shrub.

The last good president IMO was Nixon, which is funny considering his massive character flaws, but it goes to show that a good president doesnt necessarily need to be a moral one.

Shrubo is probably the worst president in the last 80 years, he has done and caused nothing but troubles not only for the world today but for the world 5-10-15 years down the line.

I guess it's a matter of opinion.

Yea, its kinda what you want out of a leader that determines who you think is the best, me I want a guy who left the country and world in better shape, economically, socially, politically, etc. than when he came to power

Tell that to bin Laden. He wants to destroy the world. No, this is not hyperbole, listen. There's a Musilum belief that the Musilum religion will be the last one left standing on the day of judgement. And those who wage Jihad believe that in dieing in holy war against the West will live in paradise with Allah. People of bin Laden's ilk are trying to speed up the process and myrter the whole world to judgement day, because of this belief. And there is no reasoning or negotiating with them.

Because it ignores the fact that the last real jihad was centuries ago, Bin Ladin has no more authority to declare one than I do. Basically Im pretty sure no currently living person does, that honor was reserved for the Ottoman Sultan.

Moreover it also ignores the fact that left to their own devices christians, historically and potentially today, would make their religion the only one too. They are just as bad and have committed even worse chrimes against humanity, the only difference is that the worst ones happened before the internet and tv.

Ohh and another fact that it ignores is that these people are the equivalent of Nazis and the KKK, ie people who are so deranged that they actually take all of what is in their holy book literally. I say this because the bible does give sanction for both what the KKK did and the Nazis did, if you read it a certain way, there are passages to support their acts. Likewise there are passages in the Koran that support doing what these idiots are doing. That has no bearing on what the vast majority of the members of that religion think or do.

Ohh and THX: just about anyone over the age of 5 who's been to kindergarden would at least be more articulate than this idiot.

But do you think there's any truth that someone as deranged as bin Laden would be trying to myter the Musilum people in an effort agaijst the West, in the belief of being in paradise with Allah when they die?

Originally posted by Napoleon
Because it ignores the fact that the last real jihad was centuries ago, Bin Ladin has no more authority to declare one than I do. Basically Im pretty sure no currently living person does, that honor was reserved for the Ottoman Sultan.
I think the only time that there has been a real Jihad (and I'm not sure even about that one) was during the Crusades. And that would have been only too appropriate - Jihad vs. Jihad ;).
BTW, it was the Caliph that was the leader of Islam, not the Sultan.

Originally posted by Phillip Tanaka
But do you think there's any truth that someone as deranged as bin Laden would be trying to myter the Musilum people in an effort agaijst the West, in the belief of being in paradise with Allah when they die?
Oh, theoretically, yes. But I do not think there's any truth to the claims that Osama Bin Laden is deranged in any way. Calling him deranged is just a neat way of sweeping aside all of his complaints about the West as the ravings of a madman.

Anyway, we in the west love to make wrong-headed generalisations about Muslims. We love to take the dumbest claims of the most extreme factions and declare that they are the basic tenets of the entire religion. But if it's ok to do this with Islam, then why don't we apply the same judgement to other religions? Why don't I ever hear news presenters talk about the KKK as Christian extremists?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back