• No

Votes: 13 23.2%
  • I wish Al Gore were in office

Votes: 16 28.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am surrounded by Republicans...

Geeze, I read through all the posts and I don't know about anyone else....but I don't really see too many liberals here.

Does anyone notice that one of the main reasons Bush is attacking Iraq is because of OIL!!!?? How many more countries must we attack before it becomes wrong?

How can you say that Bush is doing a good job? We are attacking so many people just to satisfy revenge. We are creating more enemies by doing this.

I don't think he is doing good job as President. A president that can understand how to lay down arms and make peace is a good president. Bush's policies have us set on the road to World War III. We must rethink our policies and truly come to grips with a peaceful resolution to things. Attacking other countries is not that answer.

By attacking other coutries we are creating more enemies and doing more harm than good. Does anyone else see this?

How long must we shield our eyes from the truth that a peaceful resolution is the best. What gives us the right to be the power to decide things for people in this world? We are beginning to display the same mentality as Hitler did before he tried to take over the world. In that time period Germans thought that they were the master race and above everyone else. American's are beginning to show this same mentality. How long until we too are trying to take over the world? How long until we are dealt a blow for actions against other countries that we shock us for years?

We must rethink ourselves. Bush is not dealing with this situation peacefully enough. He is making more enemies for the United States. Each day his actions are creating future Osama Bin Ladens. If we deal with things peacefully we will be helping ourselves in the long run.

NO WAR!

Why can't we all just get along?

It's not all Bush's fault. Poor guy :rolleyes:

He is controlled mostly by the oil companies who gave him money for his election campaign the real warmongers are Dick Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld.

They even had the audacity to call Germany and France Problems because they do not support their war fantasies.

Originally posted by Lynx
They even had the audacity to call Germany and France Problems because they do not support their war fantasies.

Anyone that doesn't support America is a problem. If you are American and you don't support it then you are unpatriotic and possibly a terrorist... ohhh no!!!! :eek:

It was recently discovered that the *virgins* thing was bad translated/copied centuries years ago, and that by *virgins* the prophet meant *grapes*

Yeah. Grapes make wine. You can get bombed on wine in paradise. You'd eventually go through all 72 virigins anyway; this way you can get a broken-in house wife and get bombed on some decent Shiraz hopefully.

Originally posted by Quarto
I think the only time that there has been a real Jihad (and I'm not sure even about that one) was during the Crusades.

That's right. Someone who knows a lot about this feel free to tell me where I went wrong and call me a shit for brains, but this is how I interpreted it. Around the time of the crusades, there was a group called the assassini, where the word assassins is derived from. People wishing to join the assassini were drugged to sleep, where they would dream of a world of the purest water, the finest food, the most delectable women. When they wake up, they are promised an eternity of this is they fight for thr assassini. The assassini and it's Grand Master would be fighting under the name of Allah in Jihad, or holy war. The Grand Master would name an enemy of Allah, and the assassini would fight against it. Many of todays musilum terrorists, so I believe, are derived from the assassini.

Originally posted by pygmypiranha
Does anyone notice that one of the main reasons Bush is attacking Iraq is because of OIL!!!??

This case is much weaker than it was before America chose to present new evidence to the UN in the hopes of being backed in the war.

How can you say that Bush is doing a good job?

Step up to the plate, boy, and do your best to run the country better than him in these circumstances.

We are creating more enemies by doing this.

Bush is fucked either way in this regard. What if he didn't retalliate to Sept 11? Who Saddam has been proven to be linked to? America would be seen as weak and there would have been a massive rush of terrorist acts. But I do concede that by retalliating, America is being seen as the evil empire. But the thing is what would you do? Risk millions of lives from terrorist attacks, or the disgruntlement of countries against war.

I don't think he is doing good job as President. A president that can understand how to lay down arms and make peace is a good president.

Oh certainly, but unfortunetly people like bin Laden can not be negotiated to this end. And Saddam, well, they've been working on getting rid of him for years. When Richard Marcinko was in jail, he turned down an offer to be released temperarily to go on a mission to kill him. And I already told you about the reasons Marcinko and Steve Hartman gave for taking him out.

Bush's policies have us set on the road to World War III.

World War Three has begun. It was started by bin Laden on September 11th.

By attacking other coutries we are creating more enemies and doing more harm than good. Does anyone else see this?

Yes, I do see this, and I don't want war. If it was just about taking out Saddam, then I would be screaming why the hell we can't use SEALS or Delta Force or someone to do it. But it looks to be about more than that. It looks to be about retalliation, and maybe even, if they can come clean and tell us straight out, about breaking UN resolutions and having World Massecring Devices.

How long must we shield our eyes from the truth that a peaceful resolution is the best.

Do you honestly think they haven't tried a peaceful resolution?

What gives us the right to be the power to decide things for people in this world?

Nothing, but America has it's own reasons for going to war.

We are beginning to display the same mentality as Hitler did before he tried to take over the world. In that time period Germans thought that they were the master race and above everyone else. American's are beginning to show this same mentality.

And when haven't Americans felt that they were superior to the rest of the world?

How long until we too are trying to take over the world?

It already has. Open your eyes and see for yourself.

We must rethink ourselves. Bush is not dealing with this situation peacefully enough.

What do you want him to do, then?

He is making more enemies for the United States. Each day his actions are creating future Osama Bin Ladens. If we deal with things peacefully we will be helping ourselves in the long run.

Like I said, you don't think he's tried?

Originally posted by Lynx

This is something that irks me no end. He seems to have the mentality that France and Germany should be attacked because they will not wage war on Iraq. My thinking is that we, as a whole, should do one more (Afghanistan and now Iraq), then no more.

Re: I am surrounded by Republicans...

I don't think he is doing good job as President. A president that can understand how to lay down arms and make peace is a good president.

Then according to your line of reasoning, Franklin D. Roosevelt, Woodrow Wilson, and Abraham Lincoln must have been our three worst presidents ever.

A good president is one who (among many other qualities) is able to recognize when the sword is needed and when it is not. It is foolish to believe that there is NEVER a time to take up the sword, just as it is foolish to believe that the sword is always the answer.

Finally, realize this: Much has been made of the link between Bush Sr. and Bush Jr. and the fact that our current president may very well be continueing the war his father started. Nothing could be closer to the truth, but for entirely different reasons than most critics of the President claim. At the end of Desert Storm, a cease-fire agreement was signed with a number of conditions. Violation of any of these conditions would repudiate the cease-fire agreement in whole, meaning that in effect, the war had never really ended - just the fighting had paused for a time.
The evidence suggests to me that the government of Iraq has violated those conditions.
Ergo, we are still at war.
There's just not a whole lot of shooting going on at the moment.

Originally posted by WildWeasel
Excuse me, but we're trying to have a discussion about virgins and grapes.

On that note, time to break out the '67 Dom!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back