Bumper stickers on fighters

*to a tune from Metallica's S&M album....*

The soothing light at the end of the tunnel is just a plasma ball headed your way...

I got one for a dragon;

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crispy and taste good with ketchup."

My teacher had that bumper sticker on her desk for some reason. I tell ya, she looked the part of a dragon, save for the smoke and fire. :eek:

For Dragons flown by the Black Lance:

"We are the stupider...er, the superior!!"

"What genetic enhancement? If you're close enough to read this, I want my money back!"

Best, Raptor

Originally posted by Catscratch
My teacher had that bumper sticker on her desk for some reason. I tell ya, she looked the part of a dragon, save for the smoke and fire. :eek:
She might have kept the smoke and fire merely concealed from you... <g>
Originally posted by Raptor
"What genetic enhancement? If you're close enough to read this, I want my money back!"
Eh eh... good one! :D

I remember talking with a friend about the idea of bumper stickers on WC fighters once, but I can't remember any of the funnier ones we created :( Shame on me!

--Eder

I really wish I could put that on the back of my Crossbow for those SO1 missions..... I don't know if it's just the lack of both maneuverability and side turrets, but I always felt like my turret gunner was asleep.... I never lasted long on one of those. :(

--Eder

Originally posted by Catscratch
I got one for a dragon;

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crispy and taste good with ketchup."

My Poltical Science teacher had his room covered in bumper stickers. The most amusing one was "Jane's Addiction Sucks". This is amusing because it is true.

Originally posted by Mav23
well good luck to you in the future Wulf ;)

Every time I here that in Prophecy, I keep expecting to hear "and may the Force be with us"

Originally posted by Eder
I really wish I could put that on the back of my Crossbow for those SO1 missions..... I don't know if it's just the lack of both maneuverability and side turrets, but I always felt like my turret gunner was asleep.... I never lasted long on one of those. :(
Mmmhh... true that the amazing THREE turrets the Broadsword had, were a decisive advantage over the Crossbow...
But still, the Crossbow's pretty heavily armoured... so it should withstand quite some beating before going down... :)

Originally posted by mpanty

Mmmhh... true that the amazing THREE turrets the Broadsword had, were a decisive advantage over the Crossbow...
But still, the Crossbow's pretty heavily armoured... so it should withstand quite some beating before going down... :)

Quite right - I did withstand quite some damage before going down almost every mission :)

I'll take a Broadsword over a Crossbow any day of the week. Heck, I'll take a Broadsword over anything except a Raptor any day of the week. :D

--Eder

It all depends on your flying style. I always attacked the fighters first, so I took out far more with my front guns then my turrets ever did. So personally, I'll take the extra two Neutrons in the front, speed and manouvreability (the damn thing's as manouvreable as a Sabre. Pity about the afterburners) any day.

Originally posted by Preacher
"In space, no one can hear you scr...."
But apparently whispering is okay...

Originally posted by RATM
"Making a war, $25 trillion, buying a dragon, 16 million dollars, you dumb enough to read this and getting shot at, priceless"

I must say the master card blowoff ain't all that great, but I'm bored
Hey, I found it amusing.

Originally posted by Eder
"If you can read this, please wake my turret gunner up"

I really wish I could put that on the back of my Crossbow for those SO1 missions... I don't know if it's just the lack of both maneuverability and side turrets, but I always felt like my turret gunner was asleep... I never lasted long on one of those.
I'm not sure, but I think ships with turrets can be programmed to have the AI active or inactive on turrets. I think in a few missions you don't have a gunner available, and when you're in a Crossbow, the only people with you are Hobbes and Paladin. So I think it might make sense if the turret on the Crossbow is inactive. Unless there's supposed to be some automatic gunner substitute.

Originally posted by AzraeL
So personally, I'll take the extra two Neutrons in the front...
Gun pool. Blasted lacking gun pool. :(

"In space, no-one can hear you scream, but everyone can hear you Starscream."

Okay, you need to have seen Transformers: The Movie to get that one.

Best, Raptor

Originally posted by Raptor
"In space, no-one can hear you scream, but everyone can hear you Starscream."

Okay, you need to have seen Transformers: The Movie to get that one.

Or you need to be like Raptor and rip it off from a fan-made MST3k script. :)

Back