Bug Reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MamiyaOtaru

Spaceman
Things that are the most helpful for us to hear about are things that are broken, and opinions about balance issues.

We don't really need to be told about every feature of the original that is missing (sprites! ;) ). We made the mod, and are aware of exactly what's in it and what isn't.

For example, no "talking heads' is not a bug. We know they are not in there, because we distinctly remember not adding them.

Regarding little details that differ: generally we didn't feel they added enough to be worth the time (at the time anyway). Other things have taken precedence, such as working on the AI, or getting all the ship models in game. As all the major parts of the game gets polished, the smaller details may receive more attention. Frankly though, some of it is IOHU unimportant enough that it may never get done unless someone else scratches his itch and does it himself.

This is not to say that missing features must never be mentioned. As people mention them, it gives us an idea which ones are the most important to do next. Just please don't tell us about all of them at once.

MamiyaOtaru said:
For example, no "talking heads' is not a bug.
That only shows us how many people loved and miss them and indeed they were present in every Wing Commander title (except Armada, Academy), so i would call it a "must have in feature" while it's of course no bug in our current version :)

Well, it feels to me that the team is on the hurry to "complete" the Remake while i would like to see maybe one or two more betas and then a completed title for version 1.0 because that's what it should be then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back