Bug report

Exarch

Spaceman
The second mission where you run Brilliance for Tayla to New Constantinople, you are supposed to get ambushed by two or three Talons and a Centurion. However, somehow I accepted the mission twice, and now twice as many ships appear at the ambush. It's almost impossible for me to deal with with my junkie old Tarsus with a pair of Mass Drivers and Afterburners as my only real combat upgrades.

Also, if you die and hit the [;] key to respawn, the next time you go out, not only are the ships still there from the last encounter, but MORE spawn. I didn't realize this at first, since my radar only paints everything as gray, so I couldn't tell what was debris and what were enemies. So, after a few times of respawning, I was rudely awakened to this fact when I saw no less than 50 Talons coming in this giant cloud of a swarm right at me with guns blazing. It was probably the most absurdly funny things I've seen, as they were hitting and killing eachother as well.

Hopefully this report will help you out, and the problem can be fixed. Amazing job on remaking the game, though. I still use some of my old Privateer tactics in this game and they work exactly as I remember them.

Also have this issues, I think I know what I did to make this problem start. I went back into the bar to talk to Tayla again. Now there are two Centurion's and six Talons, and since I aparently suck at fighting I keep losing.

If your stuck with this problem simply goto the mission computer on the pirate base and abort one of the two missions. It's MUCH easier with only one set of bad guys!

Back