Bug in GOG WC2

Discussion in 'General Wing Commander Chat' started by Darkmage, Aug 28, 2016.

1. Darkmage

Darkmage Vice Admiral

Hey all, I found a bug today while replaying WC2. I was playing the GOG edition, Enigma B : Strike mission. I got a torpedo off at the listening post and then had my target track destroyed. Rather than suicide/eject and reload the mission. I flew back to the Concordia. Angel met me on board and the game stated that we had blown up the outpost when we clearly hadn't. The game then continued onto the Enigma C mission and the rest of the campaign....

2. -danr-

-danr- Rear Admiral

I'm guessing you manually flew away from the navpoint with the listening post, I can't remember if WC2 allows you to autopilot away from enemy capships - I don't think it does so presumably you had to fly away in real time.

If that's the case, there's a chance you tripped the old WC1/WC2 exploding objects bug, it's an exploit/glitch from WC1 that carried over into the WC2 engine. I've mentioned it before and quoted myself below for a brief rundown.

Were you by any chance looking at the listening post through your rear turret as you flew away?