BSP Trees

JasonRocZ

Vice Admiral
Alright since ModelC doesn't work for me in creating Trees...I am in need of assistance... It Seems that on HCI's sight that the "Tree Builder" Has been removed.....Does anyone know where to find this so that I may continue work on the WCCD Project?

Are you talking about the TRE MANAGER? I probably have a copy of whatever you're looking for somewhere - I've archived nearly all the mod building programs at one time or another.

No....It's a "Tree" with the extra e :) Builder..As stated on Killerwaves Website....so your have a collision tree for corvettes and capships and it makes it for you then you edit it.

Can someone help me with finding HCI's Tree Builder? I had Model C working for making corvettes and capship components but now it's giving me a "Error loading bsp.dll" and I have to revert to using HCI's Tree Builder.... I've searched all over his site but I'm not having any luck.... I Need for either of these to work ! Or else The Collateral Damage project may come to an end....

At the moment I'll work on other things for the project but I NEED this information ASAP so that I may be able to get corvette style ships and capship within the vision engine....Maybe someone from the Standoff team will be able to assist in information...?

Well as I understand it.......

If you have ModelC 0.8 or above you make the tree by hitting the "Make Tree" button in ModelC. This gives the error when I try to save the tree (Error loading bsp.dll)

But without ModelC 0.8.....It's says you need HCI's Tree Builder...after you save your IFF, you copy...The Vert/Face/Vtnm/Fvrt.wcp files into there own directory with HCI's Tree Builder. ... in Dos Mode you type Tree.exe (to whatever directory you shot those into) then hex edit a few lines. Then go along with adding turrets etc...blah blah blah (The Easy Stuff)

What I'm not following is I can't do it the easy way by using Modelc0.8 so I have todo it the hard way (Which really isn't that hard) but where do I find HCI's Tree Builder...Because I can't find it, There's Tre maker but that's to make the .tre files which have nothing todo with a collision TREE. Then there's Tre manager which is used to extract files out of the .Tre files. But I need the TREE Builder.... and without it...I'm SOL

THANK YOU EDER...THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU..... Oh btw...did I say Thank you?

Back