Broken ship computer in Standoff?

Wedge009

Rogue Leader
A while back, my brother was sifting through the Standoff TRE packages when he stumbled across this rather nasty piece of work from the ship computer voice-overs. It came from stand__e2.tre, with HCl's TRE Manager extracting it as "ifcomms\05300049.xa". We're both wondering... for what purpose was something like that included in the package?! :)

(Warning: contains high-level coarse language. :p)

Mark Riley, the same guy who does Trigger.

Anyway, that's hilarious. It sounds like a well-hidden simulator easter egg. :D

I'm an angel, and anyone who says different is a f*&#$^# liar! :p

..I'd forgotten that I sent that one through to Q, and didn't even know that it ended up in the package. Now the whole internet thinks I have serious problems!

That's hilarious. I didn't expect the computer would have such a...colorful personality.

After hearing that, I'm hoping that Standoff includes some sort of "outtakes" sequence when the last chapter comes out.

~~~ I'm trying to hear the whole thing but I keep laughing halfway through.

However, I personally find it very funny. :p

I'd forgotten that I sent that one through to Q, and didn't even know that it ended up in the package.
Thank you! At last I get a decent answer, thanks for the explanation. So it was basically a mistake - what was the problem, did you screw up the line and then decide to take out your frustration by verbally assaulting your microphone?

Thank you! At last I get a decent answer, thanks for the explanation. So it was basically a mistake - what was the problem, did you screw up the line and then decide to take out your frustration by verbally assaulting your microphone?

Maybe. He did sound really angry when he said "Stage 2: Go to jump point"

I imagine it was a mistake that it turned up in the import, yeah. ;)

Basically, I said that darn line at least five times, and kept tripping over my words. It was an easy line, too. I wasn't really too frustrated, but it was enough to prompt an... expelling of sorts. ;) After that, I got the line done just fine.

Listening to that recording again made me laugh, so I filtered it in the computer mechanic voice and listened to it again - which made me laugh more. So I sent it through to Q as a joke.

As for outtakes. Well, there's plenty of those lying around. Pretty much all of them are by me, though, since people don't send me their screwed up lines. ;) I think there's singing in there somewhere, too...

Maybe the computer could say the 2nd half of this clip to Bradshaw when his ship gets nailed by a dumbfire.

I imagine it was a mistake that it turned up in the import, yeah. ;)
A mistake? Oh, hardly... I'm fairly certain I even wrote a subtitle for it :D.

I think the plan was to include it as an easter egg somewhere either in a sim mission, or in the final episode. Not sure if I ever did include it anywhere, and, needless to say, I won't now, since it's no fun to put in an easter egg when people had already noticed it beforehand... looks like you'll have to record something else ;).

Heh, that sounds like me playing XBL. :)

Speaking of, I wouldn't mind recording a few lines for Standoff if some are still needed.

A mistake? Oh, hardly... I'm fairly certain I even wrote a subtitle for it :D.

I kinda suspected that. Didn't want to allude to it, though, and sully your good name. :p

We'll have to think of something even better to slip in there somewhere. ;)

I'm fairly certain that should be easy to accomplish, as we all are continuously going crazier and crazier.

Back