Briefing sound bug

Natreg

Spaceman
Well first of all, I wanted to inform you about some bug I get on the briefings.

When the briefing starts, everything is ok, but after a few sentences there is no sound. I get this usually after the briefing map goes into a nav point and a bip sound plays, then afterwords no voice.

This happens on my desktop which is:

AMD dual core 4600+
Windows XP SP2
Nvidia geforce 7900 GTX
integrated sound card Realtek AC'97

My laptop is free of this bug and runs Standoff perfectly, any ideas of what may cause this?

Also 1 more thing:

This is just a suggestion, but I think you should do a manual in the style of how Origin made the documentation back then. That would be great specially to explain the fiction to newcomers. Something like clawmarks would be great.

This is a bug that has been discovered, but thanks for posting the info. It will be fixed in the Episode 5 release.

Yeah, it's a weird one. Apparently, something changed between... well, as near as we can figure out, between episodes 3 and 4. For whatever reason, many briefings that worked fine before no longer work properly. Essentially, if a voiceover overlaps another voiceover (even for just a split second, and even if it's already silent), that next voiceover won't play, and neither will any other voiceover in the briefing afterwards.

But yeah, we're going through the briefings one by one and fixing them all.

Back