BREAKING: Strike Commander on GOG (March 26, 2013)

Bandit LOAF

Long Live the Confederation!
The team at GOG is at it again, releasing Wing Commander's closest cousin... Strike Commander! Strike Commander was Chris Roberts' followup to Wing Commander, an F-16 sim wrapped in an elaborate Hollywood action movie and set in the then-distant future year of 2012! If you loved Wing Commander or Privateer, you owe it to yourself to check out Strike Commander. You can pick up your copy here. The package includes several extras and features the full speech "talkie" CD-ROM edition of the game... with the Tactical Operations addon! Here's hoping this means the rest of the Wing Commander series is on the way!

(We don't know why they've used this unfortunate fake box art for the game, but rest assured that team CIC has dug up the source files from Origin's archive and forwarded them along!)

--
Original update published on March 26, 2013

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been (unsuccessfully) trying to get Strike Commander to run for many years, so this is fantastic news! I forgot how different flying is in ST than in any of the Wing Commander games...

Curse you GOG, and take my moniez!

I thought the glory days of 90's gaming were over, clearly I was wrong. :)

Strike is a fantastic game, really chuffed to see it released again.

I have been (unsuccessfully) trying to get Strike Commander to run for many years, so this is fantastic news! I forgot how different flying is in ST than in any of the Wing Commander games...
I used DOSBOX 0.73 and it worked like a charm. With no effort at all. Still got my original Strike CD and it worked.

Please help those poor souls that put the fake box art up! Thanks LOAF.

I'm sorry, no one can help them now. They must face whatever God they believe in and accept a lifetime of eternal punishment for what they've done. But I did send them the correct box art. :)

I used DOSBOX 0.73 and it worked like a charm. With no effort at all. Still got my original Strike CD and it worked.
I'm not particularly good with getting things to run on Dosbox, and I was also using the floppy version in case that makes any difference. But hey, if someone could help me get the original Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe running...

Good to know the old Origin titles are selling well. They represent some of my happiest gaming years!

Back