BREAKING NEWS: Roberts Space Industries: Big Announcement Coming In October (September 10, 2012)

Everyone should go over to RSI and make the WC forum come alive! We can't have the Freelancer forum taking the lead!

just a thought on the RSI Time Capsule: 2113: “When Do We Go Too Far?” The content reminds me of the Retro stuff from good old Privateer…

^ Really nice to see it on Tom's Hardware, thanks. It's a shame they kick off by saying that 'Roberts has been absent from the gaming scene for 15 years'...but still, read the anticipation in the article's comments section from the gaming public. If this isn't to be a WC title, I'm going to want to know why!

Well, in a sense, he has been absent. But overall, I think the Tom's writer is genuinely positive towards the announcement.

I generally don't read comment sections - too often, too many jerks. Not so much in this case, perhaps, but that is quite unusual.

I converted that binary number into decimal (614412) and hexadecimal (9600c), and didn't see anything interesting about them. Then I converted it to octal: 2260014. Did a Google image search for that number and the first result was this:

http://t1.ftcdn.net/jpg/00/02/26/00/400_F_2260014_ieYwQ3IzTI3xvC5RcWvKNUk0dteuWZ.jpg

I think we all know what that means!

You know, if that was an intentional "hint" at the Cats returning in a new Wing Commander game, it's the most obscure/cheeky hint I think I've ever seen. :D

Having a hard time figuring out which of these RSI threads to post in! Can't we merge them into one big RSI topic?

Anyway, I'm super, super, super, super, super excited about this. Great to see Chris back.

As you may or may not know, I started playing Wing Commander when I was only three, in 1998. Now I'm 17, and a new fresh story from the man himself is coming. I can hardly contain my excitement!

My only issue is the email confirmation on RSI, I haven't gotten my email, and it's been quite some time. I use AOL and it's not in any Spam/Junk folders, it's simply not there. Hope to get it soon though!

Gonna spread the news as much as I can. Maybe we should make a twitter trend? #ChrisRobertsisback? #RobertsSpaceIndustries? I don't use twitter, but it would be nice to see the news of Chris' return circulating as much as possible.

Great news indeed. But tell me, how far are you guys involved in that? Some of the prose on the site reads awfully familiar ;)

Great news indeed. But tell me, how far are you guys involved in that? Some of the prose on the site reads awfully familiar ;)

Haha well if you read their forums you can see that I'm acting as Community Manager for Cloud Imperium Games. That's why. :)

Haha well if you read their forums you can see that I'm acting as Community Manager for Cloud Imperium Games. That's why. :)

I was so pleased to see a message from 'Ben Lesnick' on the RSI forum- I was sitting on my laptop in the kitchen and said out loud to my girlfriend:

'Heh, LOAF's in on this, it's gonna be Wing Commander'

...and she had no idea what I was talking about :)

'Sorry? Loaf of what? Who's your commander? What?'

Anyways, I think we need to rally and get more wingnuts over to the Wing Commander forum, as at present the Freelancer one is much busier and we just can't be having that!

I wonder if there is a way to resend the activation link... It didn't arrive and I have no way of activating my account.
Could someone point out that problem on their forum?

Back