BREAKING NEWS: FOX to Re-Release Wing Commander DVD (September 17, 2011)

Last edited by a moderator:
You're welcome. :)
What I don't understand is: An Anamorphic Version was released in Germany. Why not releasing it in the rest of the world?

You're welcome. :)
What I don't understand is: An Anamorphic Version was released in Germany. Why not releasing it in the rest of the world?

I don't understand the reasoning... why bother with the new cover at all if they were just going to release the exact same disk? I think most of the European releases were anamorphic though. The Spanish and Netherlands versions seem to be and if I remember right I believe there was a 2005 or 2006 anamorphic R2 disk in the UK as well, though judging by the cover the more recent French DVD doesn't seem to be. Looks like the australian R4 disk is Anamorphic as well. I couldn't make out the disks specs on the picture I have of the Japanese DVD though.

I'd like to know if many of the European releases use the same encoding as the German disk. It looks good over all but take a look at that last shot of the Kilrathi... the over saturation is probably the most noticable there since you see all the reflections on their armor aren't amber colored but are... bright pink?

Back