BREAKING NEWS: Amazing EA Contest Announced (July 23, 2007)

Bandit LOAF

Long Live the Confederation!
Electronic Arts has come up with the mother of all contests to promote Wing Commander Arena. They're giving away a prize bundle that includes nearly every Wing Commander game and nearly every system to play them on! From a 1990s-vintage PC to a Panasonic 3DO, it's all there! To enter fans need only sign up for the EA Arcade newsletter! James Pond, the EA Arcade Community Manager, has posted the details here.

--
Original update published on July 23, 2007

Last edited by a moderator:
Hands down the most amazing prize for a game contest I have ever seen. Good luck to all wingnuts in obtaining this prize pack.

2. Eligibility. This Sweepstakes is only open to residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, except for Rhode Island, who are 13 years of age or older at time Sweepstakes begins and who had Internet access as of June 21, 2007 . Residents of Rhode Island are not eligible.
Arf, I guess that rules out many, many WC fans out there, including me :(

That's a shame - but we ran into that when we started the CIC, too... we had a bunch of props and uniforms from Origin to give away, but they absolutely wouldn't let us award them to people from outside the US because of legal difficulties with how contests/lotteries are handled internationally.

I wonder what they have against RI residents... :D

Very cool but what would I do with all my other junk. :)

One word:

eBay

:)

(Wonder if the Elite 360 comes with the transfer thingy to move data from a Premium system, for those who already have one...)

That's a shame - but we ran into that when we started the CIC, too... we had a bunch of props and uniforms from Origin to give away, but they absolutely wouldn't let us award them to people from outside the US because of legal difficulties with how contests/lotteries are handled internationally.

Hummm...
Winners may be required to provide a United States shipping address to claim prize.
Time to make a "foster a fellow non-US WC fan" program where US fans would fill the affidavit then send the price to the potential non-US winner ! Ok ok, I'm dreaming here :p

Wow! Now that's a great contest! When do they announce the winner?

You can find the rules at http://images.ea.com/ea/arcade/wingsweeprules.htm

To enter, submit sign up for EA Arcade newsletter at http://preferences.fun.ea.com/ea/mf_arcade.asp website as directed between 12:00:01 a.m. PST on July 23th, 2007and 11:59:59 p.m. PST on August 6th , 2007 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). No other methods of entry will be accepted. Limit: Only one entry per username and email address will be accepted. Completed entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. PST on 8/6/2007.

Winners will be determined by random drawing on or about 8/8/2007 from all Eligible entries received.

Winners will be notified on or about 8/13/07 by an email sent to the email address specified on the entry form. If winner cannot be contacted at this email address, is contacted and does not respond as directed within 14 days of attempted notification, refuses the Prize or is ineligible to accept the Prize, Prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. All prizes claimed in accordance with the Official Rules will be awarded. Winners may be required to provide a United States shipping address to claim prize. Allow 4-6 weeks for delivery of prize.

Yeah I agree it sucks for people out of country. I was a little surprised to say the least that we now need passports to travel to Canada I know thats abit off topic but what is the deal with that??

This is so damn cool, I love the fact that they're not just giving the games away but the systems as well. I don't think I've ever actually seen a 3D0 before.

Pity I live in Aus, even if the constant joke in our newspaper editorials is that we're becoming the latest US state. Ah well.

Where's Wing Commander Armada? ~~~

BTW, first time poster. However, I've been a very casual visitor to the site for many years, but figured I'd better join the forum since I'm buying WC Arena on Wednesday. Can't wait!

BTW, I'm 34 and I played WC1 on a 286 12MHz with 1MB RAM and 40MB hard drive that I built myself in 1989. I bought the game for my birthday only after seeing the advertisement in one of my computer magazines at the time. Later that year I got a CH Flightstick and Sound Blaster 2.0 and gaming was never the same. ;)

Tommy McClain

Wow, that's really a great prize. I just signed up.

BTW: when I signed up, it only asked me for an email adress, no name or whatsoever. What keeps me - except my decency - from registering multiple emails?

Wow, just wow...

Now how long does it take to migrate to the US and get a valid postal address again?
I can hear the passport guy: "Reason of journey" - "Qualifying for WC contest" ;-)

Not that I'm eligible anyway (grr...), but I wouldn't know what to do with all that stuff. :) It'd be nice to see how some of the console ports turned out.

I still have my working 386, but... wonder where they dug out the old PC to play WC1 on?

Where's Wing Commander Armada? ~~~

Tommy McClain

There's also no WCP/SO/WCP Gold. I'm not sure about their availability but it seems that they were difficult to come by from what I understand. Although WC: Academy is included in there, it's an interesting mix to say the least. I'm someone can fill us in on the selection choices...

Back