Breaking: Chris Roberts Conducting Live Chat At RSI! (October 30, 2012)

Dundradal

Frog Blast the Vent Core!
Chris Roberts is currently conducting a live chat at the Roberts Space Industries site that wingnuts can access here. More than 150 fans are asking Chris Roberts questions about Star Citizen, Squadron 42 and many other of his classic games. Drop in and ask a question of the man himself!

Be sure to check out the latest Update From RSI posted just before the live chat started. We also hope that LOAF, and any other wingnuts on the East Coast, recover safely from Hurricane Sandy and get their utilities restored soon.

--
Original update published on October 30, 2012

Last edited by a moderator:
That's was very cool! Chris answered a ton of questions and complimented fans on giving him a few ideas to look at for Star Citizen. He mentioned Wing Commander numerous times in terms of feel and concept for Squadron 42 and in terms of the game generally.

He'll be back tomorrow at 5 pm PST for an hour to talk to fans some more!

I don't think any of us got one. The live chat has a very small buffer and with 150 people talking it flew by. Someone over at RSI may have copy and pasted it. I haven't checked over there today yet.

EDIT: Doesn't look like anyone did.

I don't think any of us got one. The live chat has a very small buffer and with 150 people talking it flew by. Someone over at RSI may have copy and pasted it. I haven't checked over there today yet.

EDIT: Doesn't look like anyone did.

Any specifics you do recall? I logged in briefly but being at work I could only spare the occasional glance and so couldn't keep up with that speed of conversation.

He said he wanted Squadron 42 to be similar to Wing Commander (in terms of branching and story...I forget his exact words, AD might have them, about wanting it to be more like the story telling of WC1 than of WC4). Squadron 42 is what he'd do if he was doing another WC game he said. I tried to follow up and see if he meant doing WC1 again or a new game in the series. He didn't give a response. I also asked directly if he could, if possible, convert SC to the WC universe but didn't get a reply.

A bunch of us should meet up in #wingnut beforehand and organize some questions to ask him.

Back