Bozo the clown is being cancel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good anime is one thing: Mononoke Hime, Vampire Hunter D, Ninja Scroll (Life defining), Tekkaman Blade

Bad anime is another: Pokemon (No offense, but I just dont see why its so damned BIG!), Digimon (bastardized Pokemon) & Cardcaptors (Bastardized Digimon with TERRIBLE voice acting and music but beautiful character design) are the ones that come to mind...

I like Pokemon! It's kind of fun and innocent... and brightly colored.

But there's lots of great anime... what's peoples favorites?

Ehh. Just TV or also cinema? Earlier I always liked the disney movies. But on TV...(it's really a good question: What did I watch years ago?)...Asterix, also Disney (sometimes not everything). It's really funny. I cannot remember what I watched years ago. At least never Teletubbies, Pokémon or Southpark. They weren't my thing. But I really don't watch animes very often. What was really pretty cool (computer animated) was Jurassic Park. It was no anime but it was super. I don't watch TV very often. I got my PC. And lots of games.:) So there's a better use of my time. Only one thing I watch every afternoon: News of the day.

Ninja Scroll!

One of the first animes I ever saw! Man what a movie; you haven't seen jack till you see a person headbutt someone through the floor or watch an entire team of ninjas get split in half by a man-sized double-bladed throwing sword! GOD YEAH!

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF

My favourite in absolute, comics and cartoon-types mixed: Dragon Ball. Akira Toriyama is a genius!

Then I go by reputation: Akira and Ghost in the Shell, that, I have been told, are amazingly well drawn.

I watched only one anime movie though, it was in France, and I loved it! Princesse Mononoke (probably called Mononoke Hime as LeHah mentioned it)...

Oh, and my bets that Final Fantasy will be the pioneer of an amazing new kind... :cool:

[Edited by mpanty on 06-27-2001 at 14:29]

Aye, it was Mononoke Hime in Japan...Princess Mononoke when released through Miramax (Disney).

I haven't seen much anime myself but I haven't seen any I didn't like. Sailor Moon and Pokemon are all right, though I do wish they'd let Team Rocket win for once, if only for the sake of variety. It'd be interesting to see Ash deal with problems without Pikachu for a few eps.

Originally posted by mpanty
My favourite in absolute, comics and cartoon-types mixed: Dragon Ball. Akira Toriyama is a genius! [/B]

Absolutely no arguments here.

And finally Princess Mononoke. A thought provoking film, my only criticism is of a fairly trivial matter. Shooting a person's head off with an arrow is a bit of a stretch...

Originally posted by LeHah
Ninja Scroll!

One of the first animes I ever saw! Man what a movie; you haven't seen jack till you see a person headbutt someone through the floor or watch an entire team of ninjas get split in half by a man-sized double-bladed throwing sword! GOD YEAH!

The Death of Starscream was freaking awesome! But the thing that did it for me was the battle in the beginning between Megatron and Optimus Prime! GOD YES! :D

Man. LeHah you really like the violence don't you? ;)

[Edited by Penguin on 06-27-2001 at 18:07]

Yeah, violence is fine and all, but if you can have a villian with presence, like Skeletor in the Masters of the Universe movie, where he talks and induces fear and doesn't need to fight.

Why is it that the villians are more interesting than heros in film? :D

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF

Macross/Robotech,Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z but not Dragon Ball GT,When i was kid Captain Tsubasa,Zodiac Knights (Caballeros del Zodiaco).

It's not that villains are more interesting, it's just that you know less about them. If a show was made from the villain's point of view, you'd find the heroes much more interesting for the very same reason.

Hmmm. For those who're into reading fantasy, it's well worth checking out a great book called "Well of Darkness" by Margaret Weis and Tracey Hickman. It follows exactly that premise, telling the entire story from the point of view of the villans.

Best, Raptor

What about Astro Boy, 8 Man and Speed Racer. What the name of the one with the teenage boy who eats a piece of gum so he can breathe underwater? He had a boomerang and jet boots. Don't forget the Live Action stuff: Ultra Man. There was one with a giant robot that only a boy could control. They had to fight a giant robot hand once.

Let's not forget about the US stuff. Superfriends, SuperPowers, FF, (sixties, seventies, and ninties) X-Men, and Spiderman. I really did not care for Spiderman and his Amazing Friends. The Marvel Comics and DC Comics shorts from the sixties. The Hanna Barbera Super TV Heroes shorts like Space Ghost and Herguloids. I really did not like Birdman and Mightor.

Ninja Scroll!

Ninja Scroll was GOOD! First animes i watched were:
Ghost in The Shell, Akira and Ninja Scroll. They are my
favourites still. OK, Wicked City an Macross series was good, but most of mainstream anime is quite same.
Detonator Orgun was funny though...
BTW: How well can you get anime in US?

Originally posted by Quarto
It's not that villains are more interesting, it's just that you know less about them. If a show was made from the villain's point of view, you'd find the heroes much more interesting for the very same reason.

I think it has more to do with man's impulse towards evil myself...

Originally posted by Rami Sihvo
BTW: How well can you get anime in US?

In my experience, anime is very available in the US... a lot of series' are imported and released here, and a lot of others are subtitled by fans... and there are whole anime stores and such.

Guyver? I only know MC Guyver, but that's no anime. It's a bad-made action serie. Nearly all listed animes ain't tell me anything. I really don't know one of them.

Zim: I have. It's another one of those wacky anime series with the biomechanical suits. Ironicly, Mark Hamill was in the live-action US movie of The Guyver. Also, David Hayter, voice of Solid Snake in Metal Gear Solid and writer of the X-Men movie script, was in the live-action US sequel, The Guyver II.

Quarto: Maybe its just that people dont wanna think of themselves as evil by rooting for the villian! I root for Skeletor! :D

Originally posted by Fishbone
Guyver? I only know MC Guyver, but that's no anime
It's McGyver Fishbone... :)
What a great show! it looks old though, when you watch it today...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back