Bounty Mission Not Completing

Kurdt

Spaceman
I took a Bounty Mission to eliminate a pirate in Troy, Pyrenees, or Regallis, but even though I've slaughtered enough pirate hordes in each system to make them attack me on sight for life, the mission still won't complete. I tried to open the savegame up in Predit 2.1 after trying in vain to make it go away the old-fashioned way, but when I go to force completion in the editor, Predit says I have no current active mission. Is this a known bug? If so, how do I fix it? It's really frustrating because I now effectively only have 2 mission slots available forever and ever.

As for info, I'm running the game through DOSBox 0.73 on a flash drive plugged into my Dell Laptop with Windows XP and a Core 2 Duo processor.

Did you land in between systems? IIRC you have to complete each system without landing until you're done.

I don't think there's a bug, these missions are just a hassle. I believe you have to go from nav to nav to nav to nav in the systems until you find the pirate you're looking for. I think you'll know because the objective becomes lighter colored in the nav map.

Heheh, I don't know what kind of magic happened, but I FINALLY eliminated the pirate the game wanted me to eliminate. I ran some cargo to Regallis and decided to re-patrol all the nav points just for the hell of it. I found some pirates and some retros, but the mission still didn't end. At this point, I'm needing to seriously put in for repairs (didn't realize the Regallis base didn't have a ship dealer...arg), so after jumping back to Troy I head straight for Hector. Suprise, suprise, there's a lone bad@$$ pirate ready to kill me. I destroy him and check my nav mission comp again and the mission FINALLY registered as complete. Life is GOOD!

I'm still not sure why it was so difficult, though. I'm sure I patrolled every nav point in every system. I mean, I literally ran out of fuel and had to dock in the end. Well, at least I'm everyone's best friend now since I've become the super pirate killer, hahahaha.

I've had a lingering bounty mission once before, in Righteous Fire. It was annoying, because it took up one of the three available mission slots, so in the end I just loaded an earlier save file.

Not sure if that was related to this issue, though.

Back