Booze

Chernikov said:
sake!

actually, just about anything other than white wines.. even dry sherry is good for cooking, and sake is great in the right mood... but for general drinking a heavy stout, some cider, or a good shiraz if the company is "polite"

I had a bottle of sake for two years and this summer I finally opened it and had some. It's really hard to believe so many people like it. Somewhere along the line there is a nice taste. But the aftertaste is too unbearable I think. It tasted akin to some sort of paint thinner.

Oh and when it comes to beer, to me nothing beats Fat Tire straight from the keg.

Fat Tire is awesome beer!

I just went to Colorado in march, and had it for the first time. When I got back to California I looked for it everywhere, but couldnt find it.................untill, we started stocking kegs of it at the restaurant I work at. That was a glorious day

Shipgate said:
I had a bottle of sake for two years and this summer I finally opened it and had some. It's really hard to believe so many people like it. Somewhere along the line there is a nice taste. But the aftertaste is too unbearable I think. It tasted akin to some sort of paint thinner.

Sake isn't my drink #1, but I also like it.
Maybe you haven't heated up the sake. Sake is a warm or hot drink.
This state of aggregation could be reached easily with a microwave. :p

I don't drink. I choose not to waste my money on something which is expensive, makes me feel ill and eventually get pissed down the toilet, or in extreme cases, comes out from elsewhere. why not just go to bed and throw the cash down the loo for all you remember.

My mates never remember things when they are leathered and I don't get the appeal, its all too odd for me. I prefer to spend my hard earned cash on toys, people who spend 50 or £60 a night ( about $100 for you yankees) well I could buy some cool kit with that

Nor do I drink...it's a personal choice. True, it's expensive and many people act like morons when they're wasted but most people act like morons even when they're not wasted so that don't matter much.

why not just go to bed and throw the cash down the loo for all you remember.

Because drinking is fun. :)

And someone mentioned Yuengling Black and Tan. While I'm not a fan of any black and tan, Yuengling lager is outstanding, fantastic beer. Whoever that person was, I'm guessing you live either in western PA, northern WV, or northeast OH. Why don't you ship me a case of Yuenling down here?

Malar said:
Sake isn't my drink #1, but I also like it.
Maybe you haven't heated up the sake. Sake is a warm or hot drink.
This state of aggregation could be reached easily with a microwave. :p

Oh I warmed it up. But after drinking it, it seemed like it would've been better cold.

And as far as not drinking because it is expensive and makes you sick, therein lies the key: drink in moderation.

I love to drink, but I rarely ever get drunk.

And as far as not drinking because it is expensive and makes you sick, therein lies the key: drink in moderation.

Yes, that's the reason, why I've stated me as "hobby-alcoholic". :D

Oh I warmed it up. But after drinking it, it seemed like it would've been better cold.

Really? Sake isn't a drink like beer (drinking behavior, quantity). It's refered to the wine sorts (or else), but you should drink it like liquor in small glasses or cups. Warm/hot helps for the respiration, if you inhale the steams of sake.
I know, it's a taste thing.

Technically though, sake is beer. It's the Japanese variant of beer being that it's made from a dry grain. And whereas wine is made from a wet grain. Culturally, however, sake is wine.

Mad Cow said:
And someone mentioned Yuengling Black and Tan. While I'm not a fan of any black and tan, Yuengling lager is outstanding, fantastic beer. Whoever that person was, I'm guessing you live either in western PA, northern WV, or northeast OH. Why don't you ship me a case of Yuenling down here?

That was me. The Lager is okay, but I like darker beers (I wish we had Guinness Draught here, darnit). I live in NC. And, no, I'm not shipping any beer, sorry. But I will drink a few for you tonite.

Hey, on a similar note to drinking, are the CIC scotch tumblers going to me made available for order soon? I really want one or two. A CIC or TCS Eisen shotglass would be pretty great, too.

That was me. The Lager is okay, but I like darker beers (I wish we had Guinness Draught here, darnit). I live in NC. And, no, I'm not shipping any beer, sorry. But I will drink a few for you tonite.

How in the world do you get Yuengling in North Carolina? I live in West Virginia (only about 300 miles from Pittsburgh) and no one around here has Yuengling. And besides, you live in the south, drink some mint juelps or sloe gin slings. ;)

I was waiting for someone to mention Yuengling. The oldest American brewery, and the best in my opinion. If you're ever in PA I suggest taking a tour of the place, you get free beer at the end.

FYI, You can actually get Yuengling in as south as Florida, but it's impossibly rare.

beer - molson canadian, klb, keiths, bud (canadian brewed, not american)

then normally rye, vodka, fireball,

You can get Yuengling at pretty much any place here that sells beer. Grocery stores, Walmart, gas stations. My first beer was a Yuengling Lager. I still remember my first impression of the taste. "Wow . . . it's like . . bread cola!"

Back