Boot Disk for Privateer 2

Which Windows are you using?

Simplest way in Win95/98 would be to go to one of the sections in the Control Panel (add/remove?) and go to "Make Bootdisk".

Alternatively, while booting, press F8 when "Starting Windows 95..." or the flashing cursor appears before the "Starting Windows" splash screen pops up. Then choose the Command Prompt option.

*slight suggestion* umm... never mind, it'd be illegal to transmit DOS via the internet... even though everyone owns a copy at one time in thier life :) (was thinking upload some boot disk files, to make it easier for said newbs to make said boot disks)

I don´t agree with the law also, Manic, but sending DOS over to someone IS illegal and we are not here to argue with law.
The best solution is to try that Win98 boot disk.

Even if you install DOS, it's unlikely that you'll have enough memory or the correct setup to play all the games that won't run in Windows.

Use a bootdisk. If you want to try DOS anyway, what about PC DOS from IBM? I think it's free to download, but I don't know if it will run everything.

I got dos already i just need the computer to boot up into dos instead of loading up windows. I need is Config.sys line that will do that. If the machine does boot up to dos it gives me enough memory to play the game.

Originally posted by Delta_Strife
I got dos already i just need the computer to boot up into dos instead of loading up windows. I need is Config.sys line that will do that. If the machine does boot up to dos it gives me enough memory to play the game.

If you´re running win98, you don´t need a boot disk. All you have to do is:

- insert the command lines for your cd-rom, mouse and soundblaster DOS drivers in your autoexec.bat and config.sys.

- press F8 just before windows start and then choose: command prompt only. that´ll take you straight to dos.

If you need a more detailed explanation, let me know.

Got the problem solved thanks for the help. Privateer 2 works fine now and it doesn't freeze! Now i wonder if i can get WingCommander 2 to work.

Originally posted by Delta_Strife
Got the problem solved thanks for the help. Privateer 2 works fine now and it doesn't freeze! Now i wonder if i can get WingCommander 2 to work.

You´re welcome :cool:

About WC2, I hope so, it works fine for me. If not, just ask for help :)

Back