Bob Hope dead at 100

Status
Not open for further replies.

gryphon

Spaceman
Bon Voyage Bob.

I'll fly my flag at half mast this week.... God bless him. How do you go about making war bearable? Or, al least a moment of ease.

It seems as these old guys die, a peice of our culture dies too. There's no one to take their place. Our Hollywood entertainers find it fashionable to protest war, no guts to actually go over there and try to make things better. One of the funniest guys ever.

RIP Bob.

Bob Hope will be missed by all those spirits he uplifted in good times and bad. He was a comedian that lived up to his name. :(

gryphon said:
Our Hollywood entertainers find it fashionable to protest war

It's also quite fashionable to talk trash about President Bush. It's also quite trendy to overly liberal. It's unpopular to be conservative. Or to support, or God forbid, actually respect and honor our President. It's unpopular to be pro-life. It's unpopular to be Christian or support Christianity, or, again God forbid, behave in a way that reflects Biblical principles. Basically, it's unpopular to have any good sense.

-Nick Blitz

It's unpopular AS IT SHOULD BE to execute criminals....thanks conservative Christians.

Hmmm, killing people to prove that killing people is wrong does not really equal common sense in my mind. I don't want to start a huge political discussion because it will probably become a closed thread, but I gotta respond. Also, thanks to Bush and his whole organization we have an occupation in Iraq that will not end for probably at least another year, where about one U.S. soldier dies daily. That's common sense?

But on topic, yes Bob Hope was a great man and will be missed by many, many people of all political affiliations, religions, etc.

Thank you, Bob Hope, for all you did for your country. The world is now a sadder place.

Thank you overmortal and Hobbie for f-ing up the thread.

overmortal said:
It's also quite fashionable to talk trash about President Bush. It's also quite trendy to overly liberal. It's unpopular to be conservative. Or to support, or God forbid, actually respect and honor our President. It's unpopular to be pro-life. It's unpopular to be Christian or support Christianity, or, again God forbid, behave in a way that reflects Biblical principles. Basically, it's unpopular to have any good sense.

-Nick Blitz

Thank you (gryphon too) for taking the death of an important, compassionate, and influential individual and turning it into a halfassed diatribe against freedom of political and religious expression that offers nothing but the weak argument that anyone who doesn't believe X is lacking common sense. Kudos.

But back to the topic at hand, Bob Hope had a good run, made many important differences in the world, and went out of his way to show great kindness towards those that suffered through a period of fear, pain, and the anguish of having to live through the kinds of hell the world saw through WW2, etc. He will be missed, but he made a helluva lot of the time he had on this mortal coil.

Too bad he didn't make it to 251.

Hobbie said:
It's unpopular AS IT SHOULD BE to execute criminals....thanks conservative Christians.

Bob Hope should be an inspiration to us all. He will be missed.

But sorry guys, gotta a bone to pick with Hobbie. If you kill a person on purpose, then you should face an equal punishment. An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth. Take it or not, that's part of God's law.

T8H3X11 said:
Bob Hope should be an inspiration to us all. He will be missed.

But sorry guys, gotta a bone to pick with Hobbie. If you kill a person on purpose, then you should face an equal punishment. An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth. Take it or not, that's part of God's law.

Great, and that's that. No more politics in this thread whatsoever.

I wish you people had died in place of Bob Hope :(

(It should be obvious which people I'm referring to)

If we were to start up a new thread clearly labeled THE DEATH PENALTY or something, could we have a sophisticated discussion about it, or are political things banned period?

I feel the need to respond to T8H3X11....

Getting back on topic, why the heck is 2003 the year to kick the can? We've lost more signifigant entertainment people this year than we lose normally lose in 5 years.

Uh oh! Sounds like this phenom needs a good slogan! Let's get to work people! Something catchy like "Time to die, 2005", only 2003 instead of 2005, which wouldn't work for that one, because it doesn't rhyme.

I wish I could rhyme.

-Nick Blitz

LeHah said:
Getting back on topic, why the heck is 2003 the year to kick the can? We've lost more signifigant entertainment people this year than we lose normally lose in 5 years.

Yeah.. at the end of the year there's gonna be a look back at 2003 and a long list of passed on celebrities.

Hobbie said:
If we were to start up a new thread clearly labeled THE DEATH PENALTY or something, could we have a sophisticated discussion about it, or are political things banned period?

That's fine, just use some common sense and never insert that garbage into a thread like this.

TyeDyeBoy said:
Thank you (gryphon too) for taking the death of an important, compassionate, and influential individual and turning it into a halfassed diatribe against freedom of political and religious expression that offers nothing but the weak argument that anyone who doesn't believe X is lacking common sense. Kudos.

All I said is that today's artists protest war, but lack the resolve to visit the area in question. Mother Teresa protested famine and disease but visited the sick. I can see why people hated that war and I just wish they would have done something about it rather than sit in their armchairs in the US and whine. That's all I said - I never spoke out in favor of the war, death penalty or anything such . I merely wished to say Bob had amazing character for going into war zones simply for the sake of making people smile. That's why he's a hero.

gryphon said:
That's all I said - I never spoke out in favor of the war, death penalty or anything such.
Be that as it may, you should have known better. You don't need to say something like that in order to provide an excuse for someone else to start a stupid discussion. Let's stick to Bob Hope in this thread.

gryphon said:
All I said is that today's artists protest war, but lack the resolve to visit the area in question.

First off, No.

Secondly, Chris said No as well.

Finally, Heck No.

Stop ruining this thread with your dumb stuff and give us some smart stuff instead, ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back